Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Meet ANYONE? - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Meet ANYONE?

Series

Ok guys since I still have my Lotus, any chance of getting a meet going, there has been a few false starts in the past, and I know that there are more then a few Essex owners out there........

Anyone wanna post a date and venue in the very near future to start us off.

Edit - see post #17 on for venue/meet details

Edited by Tentenths
Date/venue details

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for it as the AEG meets are always to far. Weekend or evening (though the they are drawing in)?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

well I think evenings are out now, getting dark by 6.00pm, and with the hour going forward in a week or 2 make that 5.00pm, so a Sunday am/lunchtime would suit most people......

Hi,

I did try and get this off the ground a few months ago .There are quite a lot of us in Essex and I'm sure more than some areas.

The problem was despite all the interest only two of us turned up.Myself and Paul Wern. We decided to try and continue but I'm sure like many people I work away during the week and its a lot of hard work if no one actually turns up !!

I'm defintely up for it though and its always good to see/meet others.

I'll drive my car in any weather but Sats and Suns are out for me as thats the only time I normally see my family. There are a lot of Essex pubs with lit car parks how about breaking up the week with a meet ?

I think there are 5 Esprits within 5 miles of me but I have only even seen one driving and I think that was Paul as well as he frequents a few pubs near me!!!

After all that count me in :welcome:

Firstly where are we located I'm in Rettendon near Chelmsford, Series is in Rayleigh and I think there are a few owners in maldon?

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Rainbow and Dove in Hastingwood just off the M11 near North Weald airfield is where a few of us with G cars meet up (on first Sunday of the month- for the last 10 years or so).

Great food, good car park.

Rainbow and Dove in Hastingwood just off the M11 near North Weald airfield is where a few of us with G cars meet up (on first Sunday of the month- for the last 10 years or so).

Great food, good car park.

I have been to that pub before when I had a 86 S3, didnt know that was still running, christ that was years about 7 I think, when I last met there with you guys.

I have been to that pub before when I had a 86 S3, didnt know that was still running, christ that was years about 7 I think, when I last met there with you guys.

I know it was a long time ago. Its down to a hard core of about a half dozen of us now. We've all been through the girlfriend/financee/wife/kids stages so now we average about 2 Esprits and 4 family cars plus an assortment of kids.

It would be great if anybody fancied coming along, no invite needed just turn up and say hello.

Bazza

I know it was a long time ago. Its down to a hard core of about a half dozen of us now. We've all been through the girlfriend/financee/wife/kids stages so now we average about 2 Esprits and 4 family cars plus an assortment of kids.

It would be great if anybody fancied coming along, no invite needed just turn up and say hello.

Bazza

Baz talks with unforked tounge, but if anyone fancies comming, best to PM Baz or myself few days before to make sure the meet is on, as some months we give it a miss if no one can make it.

Be great to see some new faces there, :)

I was gonna come but if Chris is there we would all be overshadowed by his jacket! :)

Depends on the weather but may come along.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Baz talks with unforked tounge, but if anyone fancies comming, best to PM Baz or myself few days before to make sure the meet is on, as some months we give it a miss if no one can make it.

Be great to see some new faces there, :)

Especially if they buy you a beer and they've got a red Esprit eh Chris :laughing: . But seriously the next first Sunday will be Stoneleigh (yes I know you're prob not going but others may well go). What about meeting up this Sunday the weather looks Ok at present might be a good afternoon as long as the Kung-Foo chaps don't fill up the car park again :) .

Martyn :)

Especially if they buy you a beer and they've got a red Esprit eh Chris :laughing: . But seriously the next first Sunday will be Stoneleigh (yes I know you're prob not going but others may well go). What about meeting up this Sunday the weather looks Ok at present might be a good afternoon as long as the Kung-Foo chaps don't fill up the car park again :P .

Martyn :P

this Sunday will be fine with me, only been ordered by the wife :D to mow the grass in the morning and collect the dog shite, :D:nuke: really looking forward to that, but I am free afterwards. Be nice to meet up for a beer :D:P and a chat. :D ..................

Sundays fine by me (weathers pants though!), Got the same issue, mowing and dog shite, but afterwards I'm fine.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I should be ok for Sunday as well, just let me know time

Amateurs built the Ark

Hi Guys,

Since time is not on our side I'm gonna suggest this Sunday 1-1.30pm onwards at

Rainbow & Dove

Hastingwood Rd

Hastingwood

Harlow

Essex

CM17 9JX

Tel: 01279 415419

It's a really nice Pub, but can get a bit busy. I sugest we meet there and if its too crowded there's another decent pub about a mile away on the B181 round about. Weather wise the worst prediction is low level cloud and the best is bright sun shine :P . I'll text Chris shortly and see if I can tempt him and some of the regulars along.

Martyn :D

Sounds good to me, was in there last night as it happens, nice pint(s) of Abbott!!!

Will be there 1sh.

Shall I wear my jacket just for Pinky?

Nice food there but need to book table so Martyn has been appointed that task.

If you're coming can you please list your name and if you want to eat or not below.

Thanks

Martyn :D

Name ------ Food Required

Martyn (Martynv) ------ Not sure yet !

Chris (Esprit22) ------ ?

Edited by martynv

Yep will come along will have a lady friend with me. No food

Amateurs built the Ark

Might be able to make it - not sure what sunday is bringing atm.

Be good to see you Jon if you can make it. See you on Sunday Chris. Still no word from Norfolk then, wonder where he's got too :shock:

Martyn :unsure:

Hic.....hehehe is this the drunken ramblings post? :unsure:

Dunno about Sunday as yet, gimme till tomorrow to sort out the garden etc.