Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Golf TDI Drivers - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Golf TDI Drivers

Have you ever noticed that you can't drive fast past a Golf TDI without them giving it the biggun! They are eternally trying to prove a point 'look how fast my diesel is!'

Now i spend nearly all day in my car and what really pisses them off is that i have an Audi S3 and while it looks very similar to the golf and very nearly every other hatch-back on the road it actually punches 225BHP standard! I love to see there faces as i power past them :)

Has anybody not been challenged by a Golf Diesel?

Should I Be Happy or Sad?

The other day i left my BMW 325i E30 in town while i enjoyed a few sherbetts! In the morning i arranged for a mate to drive it back for me. So i picked him up in my Lotus (can you see where this is going yet?) Now i have done quite a lot of engine work to the Beemer port and polished the head, put a very aggressive cam shaft in and chipped it but i was still confident the Esprit Turbo would piss it!

Well to cut a long story short the bloody/lovelly bmw was still on my arse at 130mkph! :cheers: and while half of me think F@cking A i have a very quick Beemer the other half thing F@ck my Lotus is slow! Can anybody give any coucilling please! :whistle:

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep always see those TDI's nipping about.

It's taken 20+ years of development for the Beemer to be as quick.

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Geeze - look pretty much any idiot in any 1/2 respectable car can foot to the floor and drive at 130-140 IF their balls are bigger than their brains.

It's how quick they can get there and how wibbly wobbly the car is when it's up there. I draw the line at some speeds on the road becuase the roads can't take the car a lot of the time (and very few people are capable) - if these clowns wanna drive like that let them.

Our mondeo diesel was clocked at 134 gps once on a private road - took 2 weeks to get there mind :)

The Esprit is a rock at 140 (on the test track) take any of those cars onto a track and whip them day in, day out.

If I ever find I am getting pushed along (dont happen much) I just pull in, let them past and then resume my position. If they still wanna prove a point I'll sit there but you find a lot of these clows gun it, cant out run you and then pull in becuase they are uncomfortable with you on their ass.

Childish, yes. Foolish, definatly but 've found more often than not it does put a wolly back in to the middle lane where they belong and returns everything to safe driving instead of him busting his own splien to get past you.

Enjoy the car for what it is, and the corners.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Golf drivers are the scourge of the planet! Not just the GTTDi brigade, it seems the GTi and the SDi monkeys always want to have a go. ALWAYS tailing, ALWAYS in 10x the rush anybody else is, ALWAYS arsey when overtaken. I rate them the same as BMW drivers - VW and BMW : designed by Germans, driven by w*nkers!

Rant over

PS Audi drivers seem to be alright :thumbsup:

Edited by Tentenths

Time for a V8 Esprit :thumbsup:

Absolutely, you know you want to....

These TDi racers are easily dealt with in the TVR by driving exactly at the speed limit (where braking for any roundabout etc is quite unnecessary) and seeing what happens when they get to the twisty bits.

I think there are few Golf around here with 'assymetric tyre wear'.

I love golf GT TDi drivers. They are my best customers! Goes something like this:

I love my golf, cause I'm a knob! - OK Mr knob, here's the Civic CDTi it's the same price as your rediculously dated car.

My car does 0-60 in 9 seconds - hmmm we're 8.4

Ahhh but my car gets 49.6mpg - civic is 55.4mpg

I get 16" alloys as standard - 17"

I got low Co2 at 154 - 135 for me

(getting desperate) for standard I've got climate control, 4 airbags, cd player and elec windows - (feeling smug) Dual zone climate, 8 airbags, CD with MP3 connector, elec windows all round, Sat Nav, Blue tooth, Cruise control, Stereo controls on the wheel, Auto Windscreen wipers, Auto headlamps and fold flat rear seats (they also lift up). Would you like to drive it because it handles better as well....

DOH! - Doh indeed mr customer!

:laughing:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I love golf GT TDi drivers. They are my best customers! Goes something like this:

I love my golf, cause I'm a knob! - OK Mr knob, here's the Civic CDTi it's the same price as your rediculously dated car.

My car does 0-60 in 9 seconds - hmmm we're 8.4

Ahhh but my car gets 49.6mpg - civic is 55.4mpg

I get 16" alloys as standard - 17"

I got low Co2 at 154 - 135 for me

(getting desperate) for standard I've got climate control, 4 airbags, cd player and elec windows - (feeling smug) Dual zone climate, 8 airbags, CD with MP3 connector, elec windows all round, Sat Nav, Blue tooth, Cruise control, Stereo controls on the wheel, Auto Windscreen wipers, Auto headlamps and fold flat rear seats (they also lift up). Would you like to drive it because it handles better as well....

DOH! - Doh indeed mr customer!

:laughing:

I"LL TAKE IT!

Why didnt you just exploit the other 26 mph you had available? :thumbsup:

BOTTLED IT - PLAIN AND SIMPLE! :o

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi,

I don't know about Golf TDi drivers, but I had a dick head of a Vauxhall Corsa driver pass me tonight after work, just as I left the thickthorn roundabout and heading into the city it passed me like a bat out of hell only to get stuck behind some slow car at the new hospital roundabout. By this time I caught him up doing normal speed then passed him round the round about and headed into the city. Just before the dual carrige way ended he decided he was going to pass everything doing about 80mph in a 50mph leading into a 40. What a dick! He end up just infront of me and used more petrol in the process! I bet he's the sort to tell his mates he burnt a Lotus off even though I wasn't rising to the challenge. A Corsa, perhaps his mums anyway! :veryangry:

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

He shoots, He scores!! :veryangry:

I never said a word.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hmmmmm! Owen gets burnt off by a Corsa - now why doesn't that surprise me?

Owen you don't half leave yourself open to it!

Oh I see now, how stupid I've been, it's all come clear to me now! :veryangry: Everytime a car passes the Esprit, what ever speed I'm travelling at, it automatically becomes a burn off, these are the rules laid down in the Esprit holy bible. Now this is regardless of the fact that I'm driving happily minding my own business and just want to get home, regardless of the fact that I'm not aware that I have by default entered a burn off, and regardless of the fact that I don't have to prove anything to a 20 year old dick driving his mums car! :thumbsup:

You make of it what you want Simon, but you must be leap frogging every car that passes you otherwise they've 'burned YOU off!

Oh, and James, love the Mutley!

Edited by OwenGT3

Well, funnily enough my day-day driver is a 1998 A3 style TDi, chipped, with larger injectors and Shine suspension. It's fun to drive around town, goes round corners well and has a lot of torque for its size making it feel faster than it is. Also gets about 45 mp(US)g even with spirited driving. It's also possible to lose anything behind me in cloud of black smoke. :-)

Owen, mate, I really like you.

ease dude! Take all this they way it's meant....in the spirit of LEF ....friendly micky taking! Everyone really thinks you're talented but we all love to take the mick......

Love u dude and lets hoon soon!