Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So if i wanted to buy an Elise .......... - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

So if i wanted to buy an Elise ..........

GordonMasson

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An Elise is a great companion to an Esprit, sorry all you Elise haters but I LOVED mine to bits.

The early S1 I found a bit too raw (esp for long journeys) - get a series 2 hard top with the VVT K series (150hp) and a hard top, see if you can get AC with it as well, this is the spec I was going to do before buying the 'relic'. Having said that the S1's rawness was fun at times, especially in the summer - they are a go kart though, if you're not into buring the thing into the corners and getting the tyres squeeling then they're pretty useless to you.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

...or if you have to stray from the fold, one of the last Elan S2's.

Just what I was going to suggest. If an M100 does appeal, Gordon, I'd suggest popping over to see our friends on LotusElanCentral :wacko:

Of course, you do realise what will happen as soon as you abandon your search for a decent GT3 and buy something else don't you?!

Why not an S4 or S4s Gordo? Not that I would say no to an Elise. What a cracking motor, great grin value as well, especially as you can pick an S1 up for about

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
0100G has been at the factory for over a year now and I need a Lotus fix.

Off topic, but why is it taking so long at the factory? Whats happened in the last year and when are you hopeing for it back?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I understand your point but I wonder if a newer fix will have you craving the newer car ?

Prob is with the new cars is they have all the plusses of Esprit ownership and little of the downers.

Even the GT3 vs the SE is a different entity imo - what one would I rather drive ? - GT3 ALL the way !

OK it's not the same looks but it'll accelerate as fast, do the same top end, brake better, corner better and has a much improved interior.

Apart from the loks it's hard to see why you'd want to go back - esp since you can change the 'face' of the car for under

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Off topic, but why is it taking so long at the factory? Whats happened in the last year and when are you hopeing for it back?

At the tail end of last year / beginning of this year, Lotus Engineering did some work with Eibach and Bilsteen on dampers and springs for the car.

This was always going to be a low volume job so it didn

Edited by GordonMasson

Gordon, you wouldn't and couldn't sell it.

Those pictures did something for me. They made remember why I fell in love with the shape as a schoolboy and why I set myself the target of "one day I will have one of those". Thanks for sharing.

Edited by RichardS3

Gordon, as said before, we in the early G-car club appreciate your generosity in living without your S1.

How about an S1 Exige? S1's of anything are always the purest! B)

Eric

Gordon,

Hopefully whilst your car is at the factory the stylists will use it to influence the design of the new Esprit.

Regarding the Elise thing, I would hire or borrow one first for a weekend before making a decision, I find they are fun for me in small short doses, but it would just be too punishing to drive one of those things on a day to day basis.

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Gordon,

Hopefully whilst your car is at the factory the stylists will use it to influence the design of the new Esprit.

Cant see that hapening for some reason Wayne....too much CAD in modern day design which is why it will probably look like some kind of Lambo/DB9 love child......mind you that may be pretty tasty :wacko:

Edited by GordonMasson