Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
which exhaust for my s4 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

which exhaust for my s4

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on when I had the Larini on mine with a cat, I'd say it will help. The most noticabble difference will eb the sound, both volume and tone, much more like a performance car sound. removing the cat (my car's body is much older so I don't have to have a cat) made a fantastic differnce.

Andy

I went with a dual tip stebro exhaust. I am more than happy with the sound and tone. A little pricey but worth it in my opinion. Stick with anyone of the recommendations made by members on here and you will do fine with choosing an exhaust. Most of the time it comes down to what you want to pay. The Larini exhaust sounds like a good deal...I though wanted a dual exhaust ....

Good luck!

Jason

I'm gonna go with a Larini as soon as i can as well. It's single exit so keeps the vehicle stock, but sounds so much better, even with the Cat on.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

When I got my car it had the twin exit larini with a V8 rear valance - it also has a couple of rolled end tips on it to finish it off nicely. Even though I still have the cat it sounds fab and most people are really surprised to learn that it's a 4 cylinder 2 litre engine!

Phil

98GT3

Edited by 98GT3

thanks for the advice looks like a laraini in the very near future, the car has a super sport silencer from sj sports cars on it at present so would the difference be more or less noticible than the standard lotus system.

It's Oogies turn to boogie

thanks for the advice looks like a laraini in the very near future, the car has a super sport silencer from sj sports cars on it at present so would the difference be more or less noticible than the standard lotus system.

don't know the sound of the super sport silencer from SJ's but my larini is the top

for the looks i still have the cat

but i emptyed it and welded a pipe straight through

so i have a straight flow pipe with larini

F 16 ?

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

I have to say that Dans car with the Larini on sounds great . It no V8 but it probably sounds more racy to be honest.

Of all the 4's I have heard that was the best.

Just my opinion.

Rich

Sport 350

• Gold FFM

I just pulled my stock exhaust off my SE - surprised to see how big is was.... 38lbs!

I replaced it with a custom job - 2.5" piping that Y's into dual exits with quad tips out each side - looks good, sounds good. It is not too loud IMHO, and does not sound like a buzzing honda with a fart-can.

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• 2 weeks later...
I just pulled my stock exhaust off my SE - surprised to see how big is was.... 38lbs!

I replaced it with a custom job - 2.5" piping that Y's into dual exits with quad tips out each side - looks good, sounds good. It is not too loud IMHO, and does not sound like a buzzing honda with a fart-can.

Pics of the new exhaust please!! B)

I went the Blue Flame Stainless route. Custom made in a day. You can have 1, 2, 4, outlets and a choice of about 30 different tale pipes, and you tell them how loud you want it. All for

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

:UPDATE:

As a stated earlier in the thread - I went to a local exhuast shop - $300 and a few hours later. No muffler - but not too too loud.

I spent some time researching tips. On my Lincoln I went for the double-rolled magnaflow tip - very nice - but just did not seem to fit the Lotus. I found these angular 80's looking tips....

I have some black 1200 degree manifold paint to apply yet...

Edited by Quikr

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

Man, for $300 you'd think he would have used mandrel bent pipe and cut/weld the pieces to fit. Seems steep for no muffler and compression bends. Did that at least include the tips? Those bends near the "Y" look kind of tight.

Looks good from the exterior. Time to remove that EBPV valve and put a spacer in.

Edited by Paul93Lotus

• Gold FFM

not sure were you find mandrel bends in a custom job for $300.... most of the local shops cannot even do a mandrel bend. I'm hoping the lack of mufflers make of for the crinkle bends in over all flow.

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

I usually just buy Jbends and Ubends on Ebay for 40 or 50 bucks each and buy some straight stainless pipe in sections then bring it to the shop to do the work. I'll be doing a dual exhaust this spring with a tiny muffler to reduce some of the noise.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

I went for a custom job from Foreign Toys in Fort Lauderdale. They welded a pipe through the cat so I can still pass a visual inspection. From there, it expands to 3" with mandrel bends through a generic MagnaFlow muffler (which I provided) to a stainless tip. It was about $350 installed...not bad. They didn't do the bending, but used pre-bent sections like Artie was describing. I wouldn't buy an off the shelf product from a name brand as they tend to be really expensive.

I used to have a magnaflow camero muffler on the S4s - sounds awesome, had dual outlets and cost ~$200

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Guys,

I had one made up specially making use of two small Quicksilver dampers.Built so that i can also take out one damper if i want to.I kept the Cat since it is pain with the MOt to put back in again.

All stainless stell and just one outlet in the normal place.

Great sound though and made up and fitted for 295 UKP all-in.Got a local racing guy to do it for me.

rgds

Adrian