Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Guess where I was on Sunday! - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Guess where I was on Sunday!

oneshot

I had a little trip out on Sunday (along with 115 others! - 75 of them children)

This is me

DSCN0179.JPG

And this is Mrs Oneshot

DSCN0178.JPG

Yes that's right - I went to see Santa!! - flew up to Rovaniemi to spend a few hours in the snow with reindeer, huskies and riding on snowmobiles and of course visiting Santa in his house.

A good day was had by all but very tiring - flew out from Birmingham at 7:00am and landing back there at 9:30pm

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it wasn't as cold as it looked. It was around -1C and there was no wind. The previous week it was -12C :) Those suits are mighty warm as well. It actually felt colder getting off the plane in Birmingham as it was windy.

No I didn't sit on his knee! and of course he has a real beard :band::thumbsup:

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

was he dressed in the coca cola colours? ie red and white

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Interesting, you visited Finland.

Chistmas tourism is quite big business in Lapland, north Finland. They are waiting over 100 000 tourists this year, allmoust all from UK. :)

Yesterday was in news that some tourists took snowwar too serious. They got injuries and also visited in policestation. :thumbsup:

Just now it's not so cold in Lapland, forecast to Rovaniemi -1 to -10 this week. And Ivalo (= more north) -3 to - 13. Luckily here south Finland +3 to -3. Should be 20 degrees warmer, waiting for climate warming.

Yes Rovaniemi airport did look a little like a British airport with all the UK planes lined up on the tarmac (well on the snow which was on the tarmac!)

Not wishing to do the stereotypical thing but there was a flight in from Liverpool :thumbsup:

Howard - he was indeed in red and white

I would thoroughly recommend it to people - it really is an experience - I happened to be with father Christmas while all 75 of the children we took went to see him (I was taking photographs.) He was very good with all of them and although had very limited time was not rushing them at all.

The countryside was beuatiful with the snow and very odd for it to be totally dark at 2:00pm

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

That is just the coolest thing!

One of our yr3 girls went last weekend. She was woken up at 3am with a letter from Santa inviting her over because she had been so good.

She came back with lots of photos, a hat, fluffy toy and the biggest goddamn grin I have ever seen! Wonderful.

You are, a very lucky boy!!

LouX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Looks and sounds great Dave..........pity the kids spoil it for us grown ups :thumbsup:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• Gold FFM

Nice one David. Always did fancy taking the kids there. Sister and her kids did a four day break there last December and hasn't stopped raving about it since. Got to get round to going before the kids are too old.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Haha

Everybody knows that Santa comes from Finland. Over years Norwegians and Swedish tilts against windmills, but is't hopeless. :D

Haha

Everybody knows that Santa comes from Finland. Over years Norwegians and Swedish tilts against windmills, but is't hopeless. :D

Ok, Jukka I tried - you are right that the United Nations, or Walt Disney or whoever with international authority has rightly and finally declared that Santa Claus is Finnish.

Really, really bad lobbying and marketing from Norway, its a scandal. Another scandalous announcement, the international school survey PISA just recognized Finnish students, teachers and schools as the highest quality in the world (or was it Europe) while Norway is in the dunce class, way behind - despite having the highest monetary expenditure of them all! So much for having too much oil in the ground; unlike nations who have to work hard for a living we are becoming a bunch of lazy and spoiled brats, we are. Just like me.

At least we have Al Gore visiting here these days, for the Nobel peace prize. The World

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg