Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PayPal - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

PayPal

andydclements

No big surprise there then.

I was having a dispute over an item, it was counterfeit. the seller wouldn't give a refund, PayPal closed it in his favour. So I complained (LOTS), and got to the stage of, they found in my favour but I was required to give them proof from an appropriate "authority on the item" that it was fake. It was going to cost me more to get the proof tan the cost of the item.

So I complained again. I disputed their statement the cost had to be born by me, and if the matter wasn't settled within 14 calendar days I would progress to the Ombudsman. I gave only 14 days as they had failed to give info on how to escalate it further internally, failed to answer my questions asking if this was their final stage in their internal process, and they had stated I had 10 days to provide the proof or it would be closed and no money paid, and it had already taken them 1 1/2 months to get that far so 14 days seemed fair.

Today, first thing an email popped to me stating the matter was closed and the transaction reversed, checked the balance, no it hadn't. So I then replied with a 48hours ultimatum, and surprisingly the money was transferred back to me today.

I was SO looking forward to escalating it to the Ombudsman. You might think (if you're a cynic) they simply wanted to try and fob me off, then finally wanted to avoid the cost of the case going external.

My advice to anybody who gets poor service from them.

Complain.

Complain.

Complain.

Take it to the Ombudsman.

Andy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you got it sorted and good for you for staying with it. Sometimes it's just easier to give up.

I had a long drawn out saga many years ago with an education authority. Eventually the ombudsman 'card' saw the result going nicely in my favour.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

With Paypal even if they find in your favor through the internal process there is really no guarantee that they will get any or all of your money back. It states in their rules for at least the USA that credit card rules govern and override the Paypal internal process as stated in the Paypal rules for seller protection. So even if they rule against you the buyer can reverse the charges or initiate chargeback and then the burden will then be on the seller to prove the charges valid.

So be safer and pay with a credit card

Edited by CNH

I too have had horrendous results with Paypal ,wont answer emails ,took money from my account with out my knowledge,i generally wouldnt give them the steam off my p**h,they are useless and dont give a toss about their customers and think they have you over a barrell........and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits...................................ah thats better :)

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

I personally hate them, and as somebody who works in the industry, I think they give Financial Services a bad name, that's party why I wouldn't roll over and let them win.

If a hundred people who had been badly treated in the UK went to the ombudsman that would be

I left a guy on ebay negative feedback as he lied about his location, unless Leeds is a district of Shanghai I've not heard off. He threatened all sorts including getting paypal to ban me and close my account etc. If I'd know the memory card I bought from him would take a fortnight to arrive I'd have bought it elsewhere as it wasn't really any cheaper anyway.

Paypal, Squaretrade and ebay got in touch and I said to them that if he can post me an envelope from Leeds to arrive next day I'd remove the negative feedback, nothing ever arrived! Then he offered me money to remove it which I declined! These organisations seem to exist to further their own existence and nothing more. No time for them at all.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
lied about his location, unless Leeds is a district of Shanghai I've not heard off.

Wonder how often this happens - I had same last year when I found out Manchester is a district of Hong Kong. Again took over a fortnight to arrive. Product was fine but when you've paid money (and a reasonable sum) and nothing arrives approaching a fortnight (and postage is always upped as most sellers are greedy anyway) also email are not replyed to - negative feedback is the only option.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Glad to read it's happened to others. :)

Skegness is a district in Thailand for the record. :P

Suppose it all stems from the days of the Empire B)

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Never had an issue with Paypal or e-bay. I am extra careful about dealing and who I deal with and when i had my account hacked both e-bay and paypal were professional, polite and efficient.

Sorry but it's true

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
Sorry but it's true

Not complaining about ebay or paypal - pretty sure we are all extra careful as well - its some of the sellers that misrepresent that use it that are hard to spot - even with viewing feedback.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Having chalked up some 250 items on Ebay during the last 6 years I've just had my first ever dispute (non-delivery). Followed the Ebay/Paypal dispute resolution process to the letter, eventually escalating it to a formal claim. Must admit I was favourably impressed with the way in which the matter was handled, particularly as Paypal's intervention resulted in the matter being successfully resolved.

I have never had a problem with Pay pal or ebay, I once bought a DVD set from hong kong, turned out to be copies, seller vanished off ebay, reported it got 80% of my money back from ebay and a week later another set of DVDs arrived... seller must have made a mistake and sent twice..

anyone want a set of 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with ten episodes of season one missing?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I have had good experiences with both ebay and paypal. After 8 years and over 100 auctions I had to leave my 1st negative feedback for a scumbag for non delivery and no communications after payment. To top it off it was an item that my son wanted and used his own money. I just provided the payment transport via paypal. In the begining I went through the paypal dispute process but it takes too long and have yet to even have verdict on our complaint. This seller had a good feedback rating when we 1st paid but had a high level of negatives that came out all at once while awaiting delivery. He abandoned his original ebay account which continues to rack up negatives for non delivery to this day and set up another account to continue to do business under a different ebay user name although he kept his e-mail and IM contact name the same in his current auctions. This was pointed out to Paypal but they have allowed him to continue business as usual as we grinded through the protracted dispute process. I then looked up my Paypal user agreement and found out that the dispute process does not guarantee a thing for either seller or buyer and that credit card rules apply if that was the method of payment. So no matter what the Paypal dispute process decides if the payment was rendered with a credit card it is the card rules that applies. So lets say the paypal dispute process goes against the buyer or payee and then the buyer himself initiates a chargeback via the credit card company, the seller will take the hit plus a $10 chargeback fee added to the refund (a bounce charge). This is only for payment via credit cards. So I have had enough of the paypal dispute process and called my credit card company and initiated a chargeback, it was done instantly. The paypal rules state that incase of a chargeback for non delivery the seller has to produce proof of delivery as in a signature and that proof of shipment is not enough. During a credit card chargeback the burden of proof then shifts to the seller to prove delivery. So do not have a verified bank account with paypal and do not give them authorization to take money from your bank account. Do not hold cash in paypal and transfer funds from any paypal account immediately. Use credit cards only to fund purchases and then you will have extreme protection. Paypal wants you to think their dispute and resolution process is your only option. Buried in the user agreement is the payment rendered by credit card rules that paypal are bound or they will not be allowed to offer the use of major credit cards which would then hurt its business.