Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gear change cables - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gear change cables

Does anybody want / need 2 off gear change cables for a 93 onwards S4 / S4s / 4 Cylinder

SJ charged me

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the restock charge takes into account that they sometimes have to buy parts to order, and if they get them returned then they may sit on their shelves for months (or years) after that.

It may sound harsh, but it's normal accounting practice.

I think the restock charge takes into account that they sometimes have to buy parts to order, and if they get them returned then they may sit on their shelves for months (or years) after that.

It may sound harsh, but it's normal accounting practice.

But also illegal since the distance selling regs came in force.

Essentially, the supplier is obliged to refund in full if the purchaser cancels his/her order within the seven (working) day cancellation period - clicky.

I think that's where the problem lies for me then, I've had the parts for about 3 weeks now while I tried to figure out why my car was so different to the manuals etc.

I'll try and get my dosh back but I don't think Steve is going to budge, he actually got a bit snotty the last time I spoke to him and accused me of taking the p155 when I told him the cables weren't correct for my car. :unworthy:

They should be correct, but as I was unaware my car had been modified by a previous owner what was I supposed to do?

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I'll try and get my dosh back but I don't think Steve is going to budge, he actually got a bit snotty the last time I spoke to him and accused me of taking the p155 when I told him the cables weren't correct for my car.

LOL I can't believe that ! :unworthy:

j/k

Can't you modify them to suit ?

eBay perhaps ?

I guess they are a once in a blue moon item. Bite the bullet mate, if you can't get shot of them send them back and get a few quid.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

LOL I can't believe that ! :P

j/k

Can't you modify them to suit ?

eBay perhaps ?

I guess they are a once in a blue moon item. Bite the bullet mate, if you can't get shot of them send them back and get a few quid.

Can't modify them, the ends are totally different and one needs to be about 2 foot longer than the other.

I just hate giving someone who got ar5y with me, just because I wanted to return something, the money, when sods law says that as soon as he's got the cables back he'll get an order for some from someone else and be quids in........ :(

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I ordered some Magnacor leads from SJ a couple of years ago, cancelled them within half an hour when I found out I didn't need them and he charged me a restocking fee then! Never used them since unless it's an emergency...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.