Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Donington 2008 (29th and 30th March) - Page 6 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Donington 2008 (29th and 30th March)

esp88

is your dad only going on the sat kimbers.

errr as for him going in your car, so i have read i think he might want to go in one thats going to make the 3 miles OOOOooooo :lol:

Sunday Karl. We're all going on the Sunday!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i know esprit day is a sunday usually, but i thought earlier your dad was coming on the saturday only, you trying to hoodwink me young kimbers so i wont upset you in front of him lol.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Not at all matey. I look forward to watching his face when he looks around your car :lol:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

and then offers me a job, and quote

"your just the kind of person we need in the factory, none of these old designs, i want 20"s/led's/lowered with a phat system in there"

i belive it will be along those lines LMAO. (basically a murci cross with a zonda and a spyker, enter the new lotus esprit lol, or a big exige, mmmMMM,,,please no, make it special mr kimbers sir)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

i want 20"s/led's/lowered with a phat system in there"

basically a murci cross with a zonda and a spyker,

can I be sick now? what is attractive about a panini sonda and a dutch mr2?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

i really wouldnt crack about the zonda .... that apart from the lambos are my favourites, and if you saw what went into the build of a zonda you would be gobsmacked.

the hand laid carbon body, hand machined components, the quality of the upholstery work makes my mouth water every time, i for one can only wish i was able to do work like that

as for the spyker thats a work of art also, all hand machined, the engine turned dash and hand tooled switches and guards, tothe floating gear stick and pull rod. mmmm

Edited by bigsi

I must admit to loving the Zonda but if I was offered it would have to be a Lotus and

i love the asthetics and craftmanship about the cars, same as the lotus cars, i love them for the work in them, and the look. mind you i like any handbuilt performance car, better than a load of robots plugging the same thing out day in day out

ok i will take that as a win to me, even though one is welsh and the other a norfolk honda car saleman tractor driver LMAO LMAO

i just love the zonda quirkyness, and the wing mirror placement small things eh, oh can i throw in a koinssegegegsgege just for the door concept.

^^^^ there we have it, put it all together and you have a lotus esprit for 2010 LOL. but it may have to cost a little more than

Edited by karluk29

its not about build quality, its about looks, or lack of them in a zonda and spyker, the later lambos are ok gallardo but you can keep the early one like that miura, just dont like that one at all

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

the murci is so much better than the"gayardo"<<<audi basically.

think i took the thread off subject sorry.

its not about build quality, its about looks, or lack of them in a zonda and spyker, the later lambos are ok gallardo but you can keep the early one like that miura, just dont like that one at all

Howard, dont like the Miura?????? are you on glue mate. a 1971 SV is on my "when I win the lottery list" still personal taste and all that.

cant see what all the fuss is about , it's not an ugly car like the sonda or the verron but I just dont like it , rather have a sirroco

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

can we have a show of hands who thinks howard needs to be admitted to a "special" place, like a nice big house on a hill with machines that will make him better LMAO

can we have a show of hands who thinks howard needs to be admitted to a "special" place, like a nice big house on a hill with machines that will make him better LMAO

my last word ( promise)

Karl I think your car looks better than a miura

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I really like them all, especially the less famous stuff like the Urraco, Espada and Jalpa that

the boys watching top gear and loving the new cars probably don't even know what they look like.

I think the Miura is stunning. In fact my 'place' in terms of cars is in the era of big aston V8's,

De Tomaso longchamp, mangusta and panteras, ferrari 512bbi and even the 400i, lamborghini

LP400, interceptor and the like.

I have no love for the audi era lambo stuff, or all the newer zonda/koniseg stuff. But i think thats

more down to them not being schoolboy poster icons for my entire life. You can't replace years of

admiring something.

If i had a wish list, most cars on it would have been in manufacture the year i was born!

:(

At the show, some of the nicest Lotus cars there will also be older than my 35 years too!

:thumbup:

Guys, this is the Donny thread. Please start another topic if you wish to discuss the merits of the other cars.

Cheers

To return to the topic at hand...

1&2 - Bibs & Laura - Friday/Saturday/Sunday

3 - Matk - Friday/Saturday/Sunday

4&5 - Ade & Gina - Saturday & maybe Sunday

6 Graham (Backmarker) Sunday only

7 BigSi - Sunday

8&9 - Owen & cousin - Sunday

10&11 Rog (SE OWNER:-D) and Sam+1 (Poss. Friday eve., Saturday and Sunday)

12&13 Paul & Sarah (Rocket63) As per Rog (No centre caps) Actually, Friday & Saturday booked, Sunday night is a maybe.

14 Kimbers - Saturday & Sunday(Sat nite hotel only)

15 esp88(yasuo) friday,satday and sun day until 1-2PM

16 Dan - Friday, Saturday, Sunday daytime only

17 Cliff - Saturday late afternoon and evening (meal and hotel) and Sunday. Might stay sunday night but not decided yet.

18 Martyn - Saturday and Sunday Hotel booked for Saturday Night

19&20 Peter & Jen (Peter_england99) Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning

21 Ian (mayesprit) Sunday only

22 James (Tentenths) - Sat & Sun (hotel booked Sat night)

23&24.5 Tobi, husband, baby, 2 cars - Saturday, Sunday (Holiday Inn Express Saturday night)

...but I'm sure my husband will be eager to participate in the offshoot conversation this thread evolved into...

Tobi, you coming up in the SE convoy?

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry162619

1&2 - Bibs & Laura - Friday/Saturday/Sunday

3 - Matk - Friday/Saturday/Sunday

4&5 - Ade & Gina - Saturday & maybe Sunday

6 Graham (Backmarker) Sunday only

7 BigSi - friday-saturday-Sunday

8&9 - Owen & cousin - Sunday

10&11 Rog (SE OWNER:-D) and Sam+1 (Poss. Friday eve., Saturday and Sunday)

12&13 Paul & Sarah (Rocket63) As per Rog (No centre caps) Actually, Friday & Saturday booked, Sunday night is a maybe.

14 Kimbers - Saturday & Sunday(Sat nite hotel only)

15 esp88(yasuo) friday,satday and sun day until 1-2PM

16 Dan - Friday, Saturday, Sunday daytime only

17 Cliff - Saturday late afternoon and evening (meal and hotel) and Sunday. Might stay sunday night but not decided yet.

18 Martyn - Saturday and Sunday Hotel booked for Saturday Night

19&20 Peter & Jen (Peter_england99) Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning

21 Ian (mayesprit) Sunday only

22 James (Tentenths) - Sat & Sun (hotel booked Sat night)

23&24.5 Tobi, husband, baby, 2 cars - Saturday, Sunday (Holiday Inn Express Saturday night)

I was wondering if I was on the right page ot not..

Well, I have a change of plan, I will now be there on both days. I have managed to book into the 'Donnington Castle Guest House', which is right in the Village. Seamed a good deal for both the Fri & Sat nights, inc breakfast.

There will be me & the girlfriend. &, It will be her first Lotus event...... She's already into the car.

Oh! & I will be there in the 'Lady' as well. Her first long distance outing in HC form.

Unless I missed this somewhere, but what is happening on Sat night?

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus