• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting my car stickered up this year, gold viper stripes :D

Hang on Pot, Kettle

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...49&hl=viper

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I was pulling your pud.

Have a good time.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Just ordered some "Something for the weekend sir" stickers from a company called Hollographics along with some 24 numbers and circuit stickers for the doors

Had all the camping gear laid out today and thougt.its all got to go in the boot,so over this week will be trying various packing idea's,along with its mot and oil cnage before I go....kinda going to busy me think's....

GC1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am going , leaving on thrusday the 12th, 8 O'clock ferry from Dover taking the Esprit traveling down with 2 TVR.s and 3 of them uprated V W s I think there called Porsche's but whats in a name. hope to see a few people there.

All packed and now going to wash the car.hope the weather warm's up abit too.Will be waving to anyone n esprit on way down to Porstmouth on Wednesday and in France......WAVE Back if you see me..

GC1

Hope it warms up!!!!! it's been 28 degree's here today how much warmer do you want it.

Just got all the camping gear down from the loft, car packing starts tomorrow.

Magnificent !

have a great time and post pics.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

like that, have fun matey :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Ok I'm back hit the pillow at 12.45am last night and not a bad drive after some 1036 miles.Car fully laden and managed to get from Portsmouth to Lancaster on 1 tank full ,doing a steady 75mph 3k.This seemed to give me better econ than I thought before I went.

First time aboard with the new beast and can't wait for more.

Stayed at a nice campsite in sille-philppe just 6 miles from Le Mans,nice pool and showers ,better than at the track.

Here's some Photo's of the Event..........

DSC09325-1.jpg

DSC09328.jpg

DSC09336.jpg

DSC09332.jpg

DSC09348.jpg

DSC09351.jpg

DSC09358.jpg

DSC09363.jpg

DSC09372.jpg

DSC09411-1.jpg

DSC09478.jpg

DSC09482.jpg

DSC09575.jpg

DSC09581.jpg

DSC09587.jpg

DSC09695.jpg

GC1

Nice pictures Graham. I did feel this year that there was less of an atmosphere, and definatly less Brits in sportscars (fuel costs?). Not sure if it was you I saw in the que at the peage yeaterday morning, I was in a Chrome Orange GT3

• Gold FFM

Nice pics! Weather looks a bit kinder than it was last year.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

great pics, but ( heresy time) I dont see the attraction, no one has mentioned the race, there was a race wasnt there? who won lewis or kimi?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

It's an endurance race Howard, it's not that exciting to watch from minute to minute as little happens and on a 9 mile track the action is often where you're not.

That being said, this year for a change Audi & Peugeot did make a race of it and swapped the lead a few times, plus strategy made quite a difference when it rained, with half the track being baked and half under torrents of rain! Audi won again, which is a shame as they make an awful noise as to the Pugs, but watching the Astons in Gulf colours flying around was a highlight for me and the sound of the Vette's will live with me for another year (as a ringing sound in my ears!).

24 Heures du Mans is more than just a race, it's an event where everywhere you look, every step you take is surrounded in automotive excellence. The cars, the atmosphere, the whole thing is what it's all about and although the race is the pivotal event in all of this, it's not necessarily the best part of it.

When you go skiing, is it about the resort, the quality of the snow, or the quality the slopes or would you have a good time as long as you were with close friends or family and having a great time no matter what? That's Le Mans, fun with pals in a petrolhead nirvana.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

All our group had a great time this year, 850 trouble free miles , great race, no speeding fines, only downside those of us there didnt get a meet - although I left my phone in the office which didnt help!. Roll on next year, will be booking into the hotel again as a great place to watch from on Saturday night / Sunday morning right on the exit of the second chicane.

Andy

sorry for being a bit flippant, I am glad you all had a great time, I was just picking up on why no one had mentioned the race

Edited by Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

No, you're right. There is a group of people who go calling themselves the 'Race, what race?' team but as I said, the race isn't necessarily the best part of the Le Mans experience.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.