Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My first post! - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My first post!

robertnimmo

Hello everyone,

I am a new member of the forum, and have joined because I plan to buy (wife permitting) an Esprit at some point this year.

I am not entirely new to Lotus ownership, having previously owned a 1989 Excel SA (thats right - an auto!) which I parted company with just over a year ago, due to the need for more reliable transport (otherwise known as wifely instruction....)...aaahh, how I miss that car!!

Anyway, I reckon once you`ve been bitten by the Lotus bug, theres no escape, hence my plan to try and acquire an Esprit.

I really would like an S3, although some people have already advised that a Stevens X180 is a more sensible buy....in any case, I`m sure with some help and advice from you all, I can find the right one!

Robert

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi robert and welcome. Suggest you come along to some of the meets during the year. These are posted in the events section. There is normally a whole range of different cars to see and we are a friendly bunch. The Lotus show at donnington would be a good start. Sunday is normally the Esprit day.

Good luck in the search

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

S4, S4, S4!

Welcome matey!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Welcome Robert! :)

Pls. explain to me: What does sensible mean if it comes to Lotus??? ;-)

BTW, you shouldn't have sold that Excel!!!

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Welcome mate...

Read all you can in here, and choose whatever you wish to buy, don't let a group of booring anoraks decide for you.... :)

They are all fab....

Simon :(

Just cos you are slowly buying one of each like Jimmi!!!! Let us anoraks persuade you Robert. How about a GT3, a very nice type of esprit in my humble opinion.

Oh and welcome to the mad house. I agree about the suggestion of getting over to Donny or an earlier meet.

Alex :(

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your search

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Hi,

If you do decide to go down the S3 route then check out Dave Browns S3 Turbo which is currently on the market. It's a beauty. Dave's in Canada for 3 months but I think it would be worth the wait.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Welcome aboard Robert!

Excel unreliable?! :) Never...

Hope you find the Esprit you're looking for. This forum is a great source of advice and, if you take your time, I'm sure you'll find a good one!

Cheers,

Keith

Calypso red '92 Esprit SE Hi-wing

Calypso red '87 Excel SE

Blue '07 BMW X3 2.0TD SE

• Gold FFM

Hi Robert. Wanting an Esprit - Its a bit like an itch you can't scratch until its sitting there in the garage. :)

Welcome

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thank you all guys for the very warm welcome! I know I was a complete muppet for selling my excel, however, I hope that I can make things better with an Esprit!!!

What type of BMW 323 do you have? If its an E46 you should have sold that instead of the Excel :D If its an E30 then you should make sure that you have learnt from your mistakes :D Same applies if it is a BMW Mini Cooper or Austin Mini Cooper!

Welcome to the forum!

SiF

PS where you hailing from?

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi Robert and welcome to LEF.

We've a member on here from Helensburgh and my ma lives there too, as I used to on the seafront with a view of Greenock! We'll have to hook up next time I'm up north! :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

BMW Mini reliable? Tell that to Troy. (sorry Robert - don't mean anything by it - bit of a private joke)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

welcome to the forum, i hope we can all be of help in your search for a car, by the way did i tell you that dodgy's car is for sale yet?? nope well it is and its a beauty, and its for sale you know, yep.. it still is, one sec... let me check for you..... yep its still for sale.