Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
battery - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

battery

esprit22

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

21 answers to this question

075 sounds about right but make sure it fits the hole as chances are it won't. I had to base the battery on dimensions as none of the ones with the recommended power would fit. I ended up with a smaller but more powerful one. Will have a look when I get home if no one pipes up before!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Just go down to Halfrauds and get the biggest one that will fit the hole.

Hilly

Would never give my hard earned to those thieves. Thing is I reckon that fitting the correct battery with correct amps must be important, dont want it to catch fire. So is the type number just the dimensions?

Well when i went and got a new battery i just walked into a shop and asked them for the battery that matched my car.... after they picked themselves up off the floor, they looked in the parts manual and found one that fit perfectly :devil:

Well when i went and got a new battery i just walked into a shop and asked them for the battery that matched my car.... after they picked themselves up off the floor, they looked in the parts manual and found one that fit perfectly :devil:

which was..........?

Personally I go to the local battery supplier, who my father has known for years of being in that line of work. Failing that, most motor factors can beat the Halfords price, but it's just a case of going to a non-retail designed outfit.

An 075 is slightly more powerful than a 065. The 075 is also slightly taller too but the other dimentions are the same. If it says 065 in the book i would get an 065, you will probaly not notice any difference in starting at all.

What do you want a battery for ,you only polish that "pink" car of your's

True, but your car has been polished so much that all the lovely red paint has come off leaving it in a dull white undercoat... :crazy:

An 075 is slightly more powerful than a 065. The 075 is also slightly taller too but the other dimentions are the same. If it says 065 in the book i would get an 065, you will probaly not notice any difference in starting at all.

Thanks Dave, guess the amps should be 60, checked the service bible but it gives no info.

This must be the 3rd or 4th battery I've had to replace and just put the same one in each time, so I thought getting the correct one this time might be a good idea.

which was..........?

:D well my receipt has a part number 56205, and i bought it from York Motor Factors Ltd

but without going out into the rain to have a look... that's the most light i can shed on the issue

if i remember ill have a nosey tomorrow and let you know :D

it's only a matter of time when that "pink" goes flourescent, the glow will light up that garage! :D

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Hilly

Agree, thats what I did Chris and once I figured that it was partly my stereo front being left on that was draining my battery, the battery has been fine.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Agree, thats what I did Chris and once I figured that it was partly my stereo front being left on that was draining my battery, the battery has been fine.

Think your right, reckon I'll take my anorack off...

Hilly

I've always run the smallest Hawker Odyssey battery possible to take weight out. I am also running one of the lightweight denso starters which are much more efficient. I figure if it doesn't start within a reasonable time, I shouldn't be cranking that long anyway.

I like the setup enough that I'm going to try to stock a few and sell them through my websites.

The only thing that is a drawback is in the coldest weather, you may need an occasional boost.

Lee