Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Scared boy on ebay - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Scared boy on ebay

Novacain

Hey guys and girls,

I have owned several Esprits since 1991, I belong to a great British Car club, and have never had anyone bad mouth another persons Esprit, or any make of British car, until now. Oh...I'm sorry, he bad mouthed every Esprit in the good ole USA in his eBay ad.

There is an Orange Esprit on eBay right now that claims to have a "faster Esprit than anything in the states". I have offered to race him on "pinks" with my Esprit from the states. Heads up races, run what ya brung! Wow...can't understand how someone with such a bad and powerfull car would not take up the challenge. Said something about his wife would not let him, she needs to be able to feed his/her boyfriends if he can ever sell it. Won't even back up his horsepower claim with a dyno sheet.

I would never say I have the baddest car in the states, but I sure would like to show this smart ass a thing or two about a "mystery" Esprit from the states.

Anybody know her? Talk her into getting the bank to release the title...so I can own it! This has the makings for a great show on pinks, does it not?

She has a nice looking car, but it sure needs a new owner!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Beautiful looking car in that color with the alloy update and with the sun on her back.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sorry but I can't see that this chap is saying anything wrong.

Sounds like he is just fed up of timewasters,and I don't blame him.

The car is superb and he looks like he has really looked after it.A statement of 400+ horsepower is easily possible with an exhaust /wastegates /filter etc.My sport 350 had 409 hp proven and I know that not all dynos are accurate but his claims are not wild.

R

Looks stunning

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hey guys and girls,

I have owned several Esprits since 1991, I belong to a great British Car club, and have never had anyone bad mouth another persons Esprit, or any make of British car, until now. Oh...I'm sorry, he bad mouthed every Esprit in the good ole USA in his eBay ad.

There is an Orange Esprit on eBay right now that claims to have a "faster Esprit than anything in the states". I have offered to race him on "pinks" with my Esprit from the states. Heads up races, run what ya brung! Wow...can't understand how someone with such a bad and powerfull car would not take up the challenge. Said something about his wife would not let him, she needs to be able to feed his/her boyfriends if he can ever sell it. Won't even back up his horsepower claim with a dyno sheet.

I would never say I have the baddest car in the states, but I sure would like to show this smart ass a thing or two about a "mystery" Esprit from the states.

Anybody know her? Talk her into getting the bank to release the title...so I can own it! This has the makings for a great show on pinks, does it not?

She has a nice looking car, but it sure needs a new owner!

What are you on about? Think you should re read the ad. Seems the seller has had some derisory offers and is not interested in them.

Exactly what Esprit do you own? Your language is rather juvenile, I can see why the seller responded the way they did.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Specialty and exotic cars tend to cost significantly more in Canada than in the U.S., whereas in most cases they are allowed to be imported/exported either way. When the U.S. Dollar was worth significantly more than the Canadian Dollar, it at least made sense. But now that the $CDN is worth more, Canadians are still paying pretty much the same prices for vehicles as before. Some people try to explain it with things like market size, but a lot of people are justifiably upset.

As a somewhat related example, I was interested in buying an Esprit from someone in Canada. He bought it several years ago in the States for "X" US dollars, which was "X plus Y" Canadian dollars at the time.

Four years later, he wants to sell it for the amount he paid for it in Canadian dollars, which I think is completely fair. Problem is, that is now several thousand more US dollars than it was four years ago, and I can (and, um, did) get one in the States for less. I regretfully told the gent in Canada that he would be better off selling it in home country.

So today, due to the shift of value of currencies, Canadian vehicles are no longer attractively priced for Americans, and for Canadians to not lose value on their purchases, the price discrepancy needs to remain.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE