Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Insurance prices! - Page 8 - Lotus Insurance - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Insurance prices!

Bibs

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Can't drive my Esprit until Saturday. :D My insurance hasn't run out, it doesn't finish until the 7th May, but I've hit my annual mileage allowance, 4500 miles so I can't drive it. I'm with Footman James at the moment, so gave them a call and asked for some extra miles, not much 200 max, but I said I wasn't going to pay anymore premium. They said they couldn't do it, and if I wanted to, it would cost me

Edited by OwenGT3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Here's two quotes from Shannons in Oz. Two different agreed values based on my (hopefully soon) potential purchases. If I was in Perth, it would have been more. Can get further discount if bundle home and contents with them and the contents policy would cover up to $10,000 of spare parts at house. Which over here would cover a set of Nikasil liners and the pistons.

Your age: 45

Car: 1989 Lotus Esprit Turbo S5

Insurer: Shannons

Mods declared: S4 turbo and brakes, SE wing, suspension and wheels, PUK racing chip, S/S sports exhaust

Milage allowance: daily driver

Previous claims: None

NCB: Full

Price: $1,068.22 (can be paid in monthly or quarterly installments for no extra)

Excess: $300

Windscreen: 1 free glass panel per year

Agreed Value $45,000

Parking: Lock up garage

Drivers: myself (75%) and partner (25%), no drivers under 25

Your age: 45

Car: 1994 Lotus Esprit Turbo S4

Insurer: Shannons

Mods declared: Aftermarket 17" alloy wheels

Milage allowance: daily driver

Previous claims: None

NCB: Full

Price: $1,236.61 (can be paid in monthly or quarterly installments for no extra)

Excess: $600

Windscreen: 1 free glass panel per year

Agreed Value $60,000

Parking: Lock up garage

Drivers: myself (75%) and partner (25%), no drivers under 25

Shannons here do not do track day insurance. Drive at your own risk.

My state automobile association has Lotus listed as one of their non approved makes :blush:

Michael

G, O, G, G, O.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Just been quoted this:

Milage allowance: 3000

Your age: 37

Car: Esprit S4S

Insurer: Classic Line (Kinetic)

Mods declared: none

Mileage allowance: 3000

Agreed Value :

Edited by Convert

• 3 weeks later...

Clucking Bell...

Renewal through from Footman James

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Just tried Hagerty and saved a bundle :)

Your age: 38

Car: 92 Turbo Esprit

Insurer: Hagerty

Mods declared: Nil

Milage allowance: 3000

Agreed Value :

Matey. If you paid up for Club Esprit Membership you'd save even more as you get even bigger savings through Hagerty.

You could also save money on parts, servicing and loads of other stuff!

See Bibs for it. It's well worth it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Well - from my side - I was a member and I'm just about to re-sub - just too many other things been going on - and Esprit way down the list...

My quote is based upon Club Lotus and LEF membership - dunno whether one, or the other, would have given same result.

Insurance starts 01 June - my membership will be up to date before then - promise!

Actually - I owe Bibs several beers now! :)

UPDATE: Payment made and form submitted :)

Iain

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Who's that with Si?

Is your car garaged these days? If not - that's a stunning price...

Iain

Thanks Iain I'm sure you'll go gold again shortly!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

They quoted me but stated the car had to be garaged. Was about

G'day All,

I think I may be removed from reality. Just got a quote to insure the 88 Turbo and the 12 month price and only 3rd Party fire and theft is nearly 500 pounds this being from the AA. Limited milage etc. I do not have a no claims bonus as I dont have a car in the UK up until now. And I'm over 25!!

I only want on road insurance for a week.

For example, my Discovery 3 fully comp in Brisbane costs 350 pounds a year!

I have a bit of time so will hunt around, but I also got a quote from a "classic car" insurance comapny and it was more.....gulp.

Any advice appreciated.

Forgot to say I have a full UK drivers Licence.

Cheers, Jerry

Edited by Road Stone

• Gold FFM

Jerry,

Are you in the UK at the moment? Are Shannons over there in the UK as they are about the best over here in Oz that I've found.

There's also heaps of different posts in here. http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=1506

Michael.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Jerry. If you haven't already, see this thread on Insurance. May give you an idea of who people are useing and what we are paying over here.

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=1506

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

WOW, I should not complain, I am out of touch with costs in the UK.

Thanks for the link mayesprit, some poor sole is paying over 3.5k!

Ramjet: Over seas and not in Brissie until August.

Cheers, Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Hagerty Nailed it for me;

Milage allowance: 5000

Your age: 22

Car: Esprit 1982 s3 NA

Insurer: Hagerty

Agreed Value :