Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Goodwood Breakfast Club Sunday 6th April 2008 - SLEG's meet - Page 2 - UK - SLEGS (Southern Lotus (England) Group) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Goodwood Breakfast Club Sunday 6th April 2008 - SLEG's meet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

If it suits anyone I had in mind meeting at a pub on the way down, just south of Midhurst on the A272. This would only really suit those of you coming down from north of the A272 usless anyone fancies a bit of a drive from further afield. It's probably a 15-20 min drive from there to Goodwood, but a really nice bit of road!

The Royal Oak, West Lavington, West Sussex, GU29 0EP

Pete

That sounds like a a plan to me as it is pretty much on the way for me, what time were you thinking of getting there ?????

The Mutant is very nearly back in one piece, I just need to refit the drivers seat which I'll do in next couple of days so the 6th is look OK for me.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Ok here's the plan

1: 7.40am Meet at the Royal Oak Pub car park to leave by 7.50 am

royaloak.jpg

2: 8.10 am arrive Goodwood Marriott car park to meet up with the locals then straight into Goodwood which is 3 / 5 minutes from the hotel.

goodwoodmarriott.jpg

I understand that this event is now very popular and to get into the paddocks ( which fill up by 8.30am) we need to get there early or we will end up in the overflow car parks ( thanks Glyn)

I have spoken to Goodwood and they have asked anyone wanting to eat breakfast on the morning then can they please pre registar. Please click on the link below to do so.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/accreditation/Br...gistration.aspx

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Any problems post here or PM me.

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

HOW EARLY? :(

Just kidding. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Don't forget your brollies!

Pete

know what you mean :( , sorry, but have had three ppl ( including Goodwood ) tell me that you need to get there for around 8.00am to get into the pits so 8.15am is pushing it but we wont really know till the day.

Any idea what time it sort of finishes?

I'd like to go but I can't disappear for the whole morning

Barrie, last time I went there was no fixed leaving time, so you can leave anytime you want. They close down around 1.00pm.

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

A said come and go as you please, infact the last time last year you lot went I was actually leaving on a hoon as you lot pulled in lol

Anyway I am being dragged to a bloody christening so wont be there.

Regarding car parks, if you want to be in the paddocks or on the home straight if your lucky 8:00 is still pushing it!

The first over flow car park which is also great to look around will be full by about 8:30 easy this is the large tarmacked car park to the right of the roundabout when you pull in.

If you leave it much later you will be in the field!

Weather today is great had one shower but been beautiful blue skys and sunny rest of the time and I am only 5mins from goodwood, hope it holds out for you guys will think of you while sat in church! :(

They've changed the format a bit. I went last month and they were directing all public to the field but I ignored that and drove in the main entrance and was directed to the tarmac carpark as Glyn mentioned because I was in an 'interesting' car. There was loads of space and that was about 9.30am. The field carpark was packed so they're obviously making a concerted effort to lat nice cars in and keep the riff raff out!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thats good to hear actually and hopefully bodes well for the rest of the year dont forget though last month was the first and the theme pre war is not one that appealed to the masses add to this the weather wasnt great and it was probably a quiet month.

Last month was pre tax (1973) and they had 2 lineups on the runway with the pits packed! I know what you mean though. I think the exotics always draw more of a crowd and especially with the sun shining.

Anyone any idea what the weathers looking like for next w/e. Donny looks to be a washout so with a bit of luck Coombe might be dry for a change!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

hang on, I will just go outside and check the seaweed :):angry:

:D:)

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Goodwood-UKXX2094

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

1. Cliff (gghc87)

2: Pete (peteyg)

3: Hilly (Hilly) mutant behavoral problems depending

4: Daz (dazman3)

5: Bo (botus)

6: Glyn (Splashout)

7. Peter (pitstoppete) hopefully. new house buying permitting.

8. Matt (Caulkhead68) - subject to car being back on the road (currently with Troy having some work done)

9. Rog (SE OWNER) - what he said...

10.Setras- even if the speedo isnt back I will be there

1. Cliff (gghc87)

5: Glyn (Splashout)

6. Peter (pitstoppete) hopefully. new house buying permitting.

7. Matt (Caulkhead68) - subject to car being back on the road (currently with Troy having some work done)

8. Rog (SE OWNER) - what he said...

9. Gary (sparky) - wife working again. She's getting suspicious.

10. Jon (GT3-jonny) - maybe, hopefully

11. Andrew (obione) - probably, work permitting.

12. Mark (LotusNA88)

13.Setras- even if the speedo isnt back I will be there

Sorted :angry: again :D

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

• Gold FFM

That's twice I (and Jon) have been left off the list! Is it a sign??

I'll be there whenever required, Cliff. Wooohoooo! :angry:

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Thanks Gary for voicing my absence from the list, but unfortunately, I was told on Saturday, that I would not get my car back until the Tuesday 8th April, so I will miss out on the hoon.

I hope you guys have a good run; the long-term weather forecast (for that day) is looking good.

1. Cliff (gghc87)

7. Matt (Caulkhead68) - subject to car being back on the road (currently with Troy having some work done)

10. Jon (GT3-jonny) - In Spirit

12. Mark (LotusNA88)

GT3-jonny

Jon

Sorry you cant attend mate, you'll be missed. Further southern events in the planning stage so hope to see you soon.

Cliff

1. Cliff (gghc87)

10. Jon (GT3-jonny) - maybe, hopefully

12. Mark (LotusNA88)

14. Darren (Atomic Punk) - Elise

:)

Cliff

Noticed I am still in there but I am being dragged to a christening so wont be there I'm afraid updated list:

1. Cliff (gghc87)

5. Peter (pitstoppete) hopefully. new house buying permitting.

6. Matt (Caulkhead68) - subject to car being back on the road (currently with Troy having some work done)

7. Rog (SE OWNER) - what he said...

8. Gary (sparky) - wife working again. She's getting suspicious.

9. Jon (GT3-jonny) - maybe, hopefully

10. Andrew (obione) - probably, work permitting.

11. Mark (LotusNA88)

12.Setras- even if the speedo isnt back I will be there

13. Darren (Atomic Punk) - Elise

Edited by Splashout

I will be going straight to the Marriott Hotel. hope to be there before 8, with a bit of luck. Just as well I had a long lie in today :lol:

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus