Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ultimate Esprit Accolade? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ultimate Esprit Accolade?

Advantage

Well, that's what a mate said about my recent tartan extravaganza. I think of it more as a homage to the S1 and all that was good about 1976.

Flared trousers, Bay City Rollers + long hair. (That's the look I still aim for today...)

trim001.jpg

trim003.jpg

trim005.jpg

The car doesn't half stink of evostik, now.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

errr.......hold on a minute

i got abuse/stick/threats even for mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photoshop or real????

lol

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

no i wouldnt do any of that, but thats what happened to me.

i say fair play for thinking about it and doing it, who did the work? as tbh

its looks a very very good job, its not me but i admire the concept

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

dude....thats the NUTS!!!!! :)

but then i would say that (having owned the thing you emulate so well here! yellow S1 tartan interior)

why not go the whole hog and get an orange carpet set?????????????????? :)

trust me it'll look FAB!!!!!

cheers

jim

Cheers - jim

don't like the steering column cover tho

Must admit, both me + Louise are umming and ahhing over that bit (well, she just says remove it!). So it will probably go. Ironically, it was the first part to be covered!

Sorry to say this Graham but I think I preferred it as was.

But James, black leather is sooo 1990's :) Retro is the new modern, donchknow. :)

Ahh yes indeed, the steering column cover I think is just a tad too much. I'm really glad Graham has done this because he's been umming over it for a while now. With those spectacular sewing skills I'm looking forward to wearing a new tartan skirt!

And Jim, as for the orange shag pile carpet... I did mention it!

By the way babe, any chance you could vacuum your sewing room? XX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

• Gold FFM

Love the S1 interior - in an S1 I'm affraid. Doesn't the yellow gearstick surround together with the Tartan armrest kind of make you want to reach for the sunglasses?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

With those spectacular sewing skills I'm looking forward to wearing a new tartan skirt!

By the way babe, any chance you could vacuum your sewing room? XX

So the old boy did it all himself, eh?

I'm in complete awe, Graham :)

So what Tartan is it anyway?

Don't know for sure but looks very much like one of the Menzies clan's to me.

tartan is for kilts IMO, and then best kept in a very dark room

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

The tartan is called Huntington Menzies (gold star for James!) but I've no idea if it has been used in anything other than 30 year old sports cars! It probably has.

I'm expecting a knock on the door by a blue-faced, haggis wearing sweaty at any moment....