Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nigel liked his Esprit - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Nigel liked his Esprit

Met Nigel Mansell at the track today. His boys are racing the Champ Car Atlantic series and they are at Laguna Seca doing some testing. Wish I had had my car but still finishing up the details on the rebuild. I did bring the Lotus (big) book out for him to sign. I knew he had a turbo Esprit as a "company" car while driving for Lotus and he said he thoroughly enjoyed driving it. Shared a funny story of him and Colin getting in trouble with the local authorities around town. Asked if it "still gets the birds", which of course I had to say "yes".

Super cool guy for sure.

Jeff

• Like 2

www.espritturbo.com

• Gold FFM

Nice catch Jeff. :) Good to get an Esprit related comment from Mansell.

Both sons are doing quite well from what I read.

Used to see them both driving around the golf course in their buggies when Mansell Snr. used to own Woodbury Park Golf Course near Exeter.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I'll have to look out for him at the Long Beach Grand Prix in April!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• 1 year later...

Found this pic on Flickr tonight, dated earlier this year and said to be at Lakeside Engineering. Anyone seen it???

Looks a candidate for Lotus new suspension!

3294176217_03427667c7_b.jpg

Edited by LooseCannon

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Here's the owners son talking about the car.

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=8820

We recently had the car lined up for the Salon Prive show in London but it still needs too much done to the interior before it's in the public eye again.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Don't forget the Dry Sumpers sit lower anyway.

I have these shots from last year, where the owner was attempting to get work done by the same person who let me down. Its not in pristine condition and that shot at Lakeside shows it greatly improved.

It has a red leather interior and no roof stereo.

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

nice looking car shame it is spoilt by all those awful decals....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Whats with all the dog/cat bowls?

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

Jeez! U can't run a workshop like that!!!! :(

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Good lord, that shop just looks terrible. The cleanliness of the workshop is always an indication of the quality of the work, IMHO. Wouldn't ask these guys to change a wiper blade.

• 7 years later...