Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Almost ready! - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Almost ready!

For those of you (Artie B) ) that have been asking me for pictures I finally managed to take some and upload them! These are a few shots I took earlier today while I was waiting to unload her at the alignment shop. The only things I have left to do are rebuild the drivers door window motor and install some new wiring and relays then I have to install the new seats and button up the door panels and center console. THEN I take her to get an "advanced vehicle inspection" which will allow me to put her back on the road since I bought her with a salvage title. It it pretty satisfying to think that had I not picked her up and rebuilt her for the road she would have been parted out! :) There will be a lot more pictures to come so be on the look out!

lotusontrailer1tf8.jpg

lotusontrailer2fo1.jpg

Edited by Drfatz

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rear lights and V8 bodykit look superb.

I think Red Esprits look excellent, especially when that are as shiny as yours is!

You just need a Carbon Sport 350 wing on there now really :evil:

Edited by Glyn Harper

Thanks guys for all of the comments! It has been a very long and uphill battle to get her to this point. I still have a bit more work to do once she is on the road like fitting up new brakes and eventually I want to add some kind of small spoiler or perhaps a wing B)

Graham,

AWESOME, looks absolutely stunning. Are you planning on putting the V8 spoiler on that you picked up? PM me me if not.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what make/model/size are the wheels? I've been reluctant to change mine (for originality sake), but they look fabulous.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Ian.

Graham,

AWESOME, looks absolutely stunning. Are you planning on putting the V8 spoiler on that you picked up? PM me me if not.

Artie

If I had a V8 spoiler I would put in on :D The rear clip I picked up from a V8 only had the hatch without the wing. I don't much care for the SE wing which I actually just sold on eBay. If anyone has any idea of a good after market wing let me know I would be interested!

Graham,

Your car looks stunning, I hope you will be able to use/drive it very soon.

Feek

BTW is the running problem solved ??

She certainly looks pretty sweet now! I didn't realize the new Lotus suspension would make the car so high :) It is currently at the lowest setting and still looks like an off road vehicle....oh well. As for the running problem I think its fixed. I reset the timing which got rid of my low vacuum problem and actually gave me a ton of vacuum. I installed a wide band O2 sensor and adjusted my FPR so that she ran real nice. She should be street legal on Friday and I will take her out and give her an old Italian tune up! :P

She should be street legal on Friday and I will take her out and give her an old Italian tune up! :)

Video of that first drive please! Do you still have the Magnaflow muffler on there? Or did you swap it for something else?

I didn't realize the new Lotus suspension would make the car so high

It can take up to 1,000 miles to settle, don't worry just yet. I guess you tightened everything up once the car was back on the deck after fitting the suspension and had it adjusted to mid-laden weight?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Video of that first drive please! Do you still have the Magnaflow muffler on there? Or did you swap it for something else?

I will definitely have my video came out and ready! As for the magnaflow, unfortunately yes I still have it on, but have already ordered an aeroturbine to replace it. I don't like the magnaflow at all :)

It can take up to 1,000 miles to settle, don't worry just yet. I guess you tightened everything up once the car was back on the deck after fitting the suspension and had it adjusted to mid-laden weight?

when I installed the suspension I torqued it down when the car was on the ground and when I had it aligned she had 1/2 tank of gas and 150 lbs in the driver and passenger seat. I am sure she will settle a little bit, but I have heard that the new Lotus suspension is just plain high.

Graham, yes, video please. Original Lotus suspension was high to begin with too! She looks magnificent. I didn't realize you didn't get the spoiler. Check with Jeff at JAE they may have some of the early V8(sport 300) spoilers that they had made several years ago.

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

i recently spoke to jeff and he turned me onto a guy who had a wrecked v8 in maryland, jeff said he had not been able to get his fiberglass guy to make any up recently . . . he did say they were $650 if he had them plus shipping . . . I am still looking for a V8. I found the swept wing version, which is the V8 without the plinths from what i understand, I wonder how successful I wuold be to buy an aftermaket spoiler, tear off the plinths and mount the S300 wing . . .hmmm . . .

check lotusrecycling.com they just got a V8 in stock a few weeks back

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm