Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Special Colin Chapman Turbo Esprit? - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Special Colin Chapman Turbo Esprit?

MullerG

This week I spotted this Lotus Turbo Esprit:

c214748364831032008183017_1.jpg

c214748364831032008183017_2.jpg

c214748364831032008183017_3.jpg

c214748364831032008183017_4.jpg

c214748364831032008183017_5.jpg

I googled it, but couldn't find anything about a Colin Chapman edition for the Turbo Esprit. I wondered whether you people could tell me more about this particular edition.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the best of my knowledge that is just someones attempt at making their car unique! The hideous graphics aside, the signature looks nice on the back.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

There was an Red Excel in the car park at Donny on Sunday with French Plates that had that signiture on it but it was on the side at the rear of the rear window.

Anyone know if this was added later or put on by the factory as this is two now with it on.?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

It may have been made for him but could you seriously see him driving around with those Logo's on it....and his own signature????? not his cup of tea at all.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I heard of an early esrpit being made for Chapman with Aircon and power steering before they became options/standard.

BTW. Do I need my eyes testing? where on earth is the signature. I can't see a thing!

Looks like they've taken the decals from a design study i saw in the Esprit book.

They look in too good condition to be original.

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.

Do you think those Julian Thompson pics were in circulation before the book? The guy would have to be quick off the mark to replicate them...one vote for original.

BTW how much is Colin Chapmans silver GTurbo going for????

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

someone in the trade told me the chapman esprit with the power steering was actually for a lady friend who was not his wife

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I've got that rendering too, in a book entitled "Supercars - Lotus Esprit Turbo" by John Simister, page 20 and 21, it says it was rendering showing how a John Player Turbo might have looked. So my guess is someone copied it.

Nice one Mark - Thought I recognised those graphics - I have that book too - yes seems they must have used that photo....different I suppose - Looks like a HC Turbo too! Actually quite like the signature sticker - anyone know where I can get one from?!

Colins Turbo as Bibs mentioned was at Donnington - Was the only car with Power Steering - I too would be interested in hearing of its asking price ? ...............

...................I 've been wishing for years that I could come across any photo of my car ('87) being driven by a certain '87 Team Lotus South American driver...........imagine the premium that would put on a car!!!!!!

Edited by nello

In fact, special Colin Chapman Turbo Esprit exists.

It is a limited edition Esprit Turbo SE called Esprit Turbo SE "Colin Chapman limited edition".

This edition was produced and sold by Lotus France in 1992 to commemorate the founder of Lotus Cars. It was an idea of the famous Gerard Crombac. There were 10 cars of this limited edition.

To distinguish a Colin Chapman edition : Revolution wheels and wing taken from the 1990 Esprit SE "X180-R replica" , commemorative plate on the dashboard, Chapman signature on the body and commemorative inner door sill. No specific body or interior colour for these 1990 Esprit SE. No ABS.

post-904-1207885549.jpg

post-904-1207885598.jpg

post-904-1207885650.jpg

post-904-1207885659.jpg

See the link :

Lotus Esprit SE Colin Chapman edition

Edited by Remy25