Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dodgy - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Dodgy

Backmarker

So you're now suggesting it could be the end of June. Presume that's June 2008?

Not only will you miss the M6 Toll run, but also Castle Combe, Supercar Sunday and the Oxford meet.... <_<

Are you sure it's worth it?

I'm sure it is. Don't forget we'll need plenty of notice of your intended return so that we can organise the "Welcome home" party

See you soon.............ish

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I'm sure there must be another conflict brewing somewhere that us mortals don't know about yet, and Dodgy's had his contract extended and doing 15 hour days in preparation. <_<

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It's all part of our cunning plan to relocate all lotus owners to medicine hat.... soon.... hethel will be relocated to a small town in southern alberta... MUHAHAHAHAHA

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

well it would make sense considering all the flat straight roads we have to test the next gen esprit's top speed on, and if you need to test the handling its just a quick 4 hour drive to britich columbia where you will find all the winding roads your heart desires

Edited by GARRY_R _L

mmmm, having just got back from Canada, it wouldn't be that tricky to turn around and go back! Actually, it's probably quicker to get to Canada than it is to Norfolk!

Make the blooming most of it XX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Am i coming back, now thats a question and a half :D

my return to the fold may be a little shorter than expected, like erm, 3 or 4 weeks in July :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

If Dodgy keeps this up (and we're happy if he does.... ), next thing will be a world-wide invite to his house-warming party. We're still working on getting him to meet every single Canadian woman available....

Y'all come for a visit now !

I'm in. I would be there like a shot is someone would let go of the shirt tails.... :D

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Dave,

So back home for July before heading back out to Canada presumably. Blimey we'll have to cram some drinking into such a short period of time.

Will you actually get to drive your Esprit when you're over here?

See you soon,

Graham

Edited by Backmarker

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

that's the thing, as soon as i get back, i will have to get under the car and fix the oil cooler, but my Honda is now sorned, so i will have to borrow someones car to get the new part (i would order it in advance, but i don't know the dimensions of the u/s unit)

So i will be driving it as much as i can then. it may go to Troys - 3rd time lucky :) , or it can be stored elsewhere for the time being. Hi Dave :D

If it is not in the garage, i can get someone to level out the floor of the garage while i am gone again.

anyway, all this is not set in stone yet, as i have not had confirmation of any flights what-so-ever, and after catting with the boss today, he is thinking of staggering the leavers and starters to help maintain some kind of a crew over here, so it may be the end of July!!! :)

Dave :)

Edited by Dodgy

Dave. We'll all miss you, but I for one am really happy that you are happy with your job and having a good time. The extra money obviously helps!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I would think being introduced to ever single Canadian woman is an attractice fringe benefit as well. :clap:

Glad you're having such a great time, Dodgy. Now all you need to do is fix your car and sell it and buy one in Canada to keep the faith.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...

well in true fashion of the company previously called ABRO and now called DSG, we are all being screwed around :)

For the last month, we have been told that we can go back to the UK for 2-3 weeks the fly back.... not anymore!

Someone high up, sitting on there backside, has decided that it would be a great idea to say:

If you have been there for 6 months, there must be 6 months gap before going back again.

Why? no idea

Do they think they can get another 30 people to put there life on hold for that time? most at our site in Donnington, Telford, said they could manage 1 or maybe 2 months, but not 3!!!

the big worry is , i will not get the chance to come out again :lol:

i have not got enough cash saved for the new car, i really needed that extra 6 months too :)

there is going to be a meeting on Thursday to try and change the decision, but i am not holding my breath.

A little pi##ed off here.

Dodgy

isnt it some sort of immagration thing where you have to maintain residency for 6 months of the year in your home country? or something like that regardless of visa's etc? i may be mistaken it may be weeks. but im sure thats the case you can only spend a certain amount of time in a different country if your a non resident or citizen.

Certainly not in Europe - my brother has been living in Germany for over 20 years - he is still a British Citizen with a British passport. He very rarely comes back to the UK and only then for a few days.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

It's the difference between nationality and ordinary residence. As a Brit Cit, you will remain such unless you formally renounce your citizenship in writing, officially. You can be considered ordinarily resident elsewhere if you are out of the UK for a six month period..but it's complicated and there are lots of caveats. Once you are no longer a British Resident, you can't get a passport in the UK but must get it from the British Embassy in your country of residence. Working abroad temporarily usually will not change either status. Me...I'd stay in Canada if I were you and had the chance...had a brilliant summer in BC and around back in...blimey..1978!! Thirty years ago....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 4 weeks later...

I believe our prodigal son returns tomorrow.

Welcome home matey

Graham.

Oh..... you can rest assured that the jet lag will be gone, and Dodgy will be joining you on Sunday. He was a perfect ambassador for Lotus and NMEG while over here.

Now, we have to high-jack this thread to read: "Dodgy, will he ever return - to Canada?"

^_^

John,

Something tells me he'll be coming back to Canada........................

Graham.