Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oh. Pants. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Oh. Pants.

Very minor in the grand scheme of things, but heartily annoying nonetheless. I was doing the school run this afternoon and was parked down the road from the school gates at the end of a line of cars.

It's a narrowish road where there are parking bays along one side, this allows two cars to pass each other if they're going slowly. It's only a 20mph limit along the length of the road.

Mum in a people mover coming towards me (her right of way) blokey in a catering van coming from behind me.

BANG!.

mirror1.jpg

I may have shouted a few rude words as glass and plastic rained down over the bonnet of my car. Amazing how much 'stuff' there is in a single mirror.

Blokey in van pulled up down the road and was apologising profusely in broken English. He was concerned I was going to lump him! :) Me? :shock:

He gave me all the necessary contact details for his employers etc, but bear in mind his name was Filipe and his boss's name is Razlan, I think it's going to be easier to contact Lotusbits and sort it myself.

Oh well. :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is Graham. He saves his bouts of violence for people trying to blow up the Panama Canal and Kill M (or is it P????)

School run...in Lotus...are you insane? There be lots of ladies looking at their kids in the back, talking and driving at the same time. I use the Mrs's car for those, it's expendable.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

School run...in Lotus...are you insane? There be lots of ladies looking at their kids in the back, talking and driving at the same time. I use the Mrs's car for those, it's expendable.

Well, it's cheaper on petrol than the Range Rover (a touch quicker, too when conditions permit) and I don't run the risk of being frowned upon for killing polar bears in my 'Mid Life Crisis' vehicle.

Had it been my Solihull wagon having it's (leccy folding, chromatic glass) mirror clunked there'd be a hooooge bill. The Esprit is a cheap car in comparison and /whispers/ doesn't matter too much because it's only a plaything.

cool sky , you must be in the Maldives, pants about the mirror...who gets the 7 years bad luck? you or the van driver

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

School run...in Lotus...are you insane? There be lots of ladies looking at their kids in the back, talking and driving at the same time.

And have you noticed how they all have to use their hands so expressively whilst moving?

And how they HAVE to make eye contact with their passengers whilst talking & making a point?

And how they are the worst offenders (save for White Van Man) for texting whilst driving (a nervous 1/2 second glance upwards for every 4 spent staring in their lap).

Wimmin.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I run through a school gauntlet each day and it can be a hit and miss, so far only misses and no hits.

I am sure if phone Filipe and his boss's Razlan they can offer you a special price my friend :shock:

goodluck with the repairs Graham

And have you noticed how they all have to use their hands so expressively whilst moving?

Wimmin.

Uh huh! Wasn't it the van driver?...

I thought someone had 'carparked' my door today (slim line dent in passenger door). Then I remembered it's where Graham dropped the drill on my car while building the car port! :shock:

Glad it was just the mirror and nothing else babe. (oh, apart from the trim you've just told me about).

LouXXXX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

I thought someone had 'carparked' my door today (slim line dent in passenger door). Then I remembered it's where Graham dropped the drill on my car while building the car port! :)

LouXXXX

That sucks, I would still try and get some $ out of them as principle.

Yeah Lou - what Kylie said - get the bu**er to pay! :)

Sorry - couldn't resist that one :shock:

Oh and well done GKP for keeping your cool!

Edited by Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

• Gold FFM

Lost two of them to buses over the last couple of years (not in Esprit)

You sound alot more restrained than I had been.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I pass 4 schools and one college on the way to work, I'm surprised I don't hit more cars or people! The number of idiots who just walk out into the road! One is a private school, nearly every other car is a mum in a 4x4, is it really needed to take a child to school? I walked over a mile to school in my day!

In my old Rover SDi V8 someone hit my mirror with his mirror coming the other way on a narrow lane, both car mirrors smashed and fell off, so I kept driving, I though it was only fair if his broke as well as mine, I would just repair mine, I wasn't going to waste time arguing over it. :shock:

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3