Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
For those who care, I got my Porsche - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

For those who care, I got my Porsche

Yep, I know I'm a trator but as some of you know I sold my Esprit to get a new car for more every day driving. I was thinking about a car for every day over the next 3 years.

Some of you asked me to post pics once I picked her up.

I'm really pleased with the end result. I was very worried because I chose atlas grey with aluminium trim as an option. I had no idea what thend product would look like really.

Here it is...............

John

post-1853-1213038229.jpg

post-1853-1213040663.jpg

post-1853-1213040701.jpg

post-1853-1213040717.jpg

post-1853-1213040732.jpg

post-1853-1213040747.jpg

post-1853-1213040771.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, the Esprit performance is amazing and the Cayman has no chance.

The Cayman is not slow. The 0-60 is 6secs but the Esprit is another level. Super car V's Sports car.

The handling and driveability is awsome though. Porsche really have nailed the balancing and driver feel.

John

LOL, no Charlie, it doesn't have remote start. I was missing that today. I wanted to be sat inside the office and remote start the car so the air con could cool it down before I get in. That was a great feature.

John

Nice car! I really like these. Don't listen to these lot on here about Porsches, they are great cars!

I wish I had the money to buy a good one!

Dave Walters

I never knew you were buying a VW beetle! :welcome:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

While it's not my cup of tea, i'm always happy to see that when someone leaves

Esprit ownership, that they end up in another sportscar and not something normal.

Well done.

:laser:

I'd imagine the performance disadvantage will be made up by the fact you will not

have to stop anymore every 10 miles to find a rattle or pick up something thats fallen

off.

:welcome:

Does the name bother you?

They do drive very nicely, I had a go in one a while ago now and was impressed with the handling...........only prob I had was my Impreza estate car was quicker!!

Agree with the sports car comment.

By the way I am a porsche fanatic, I love them but also want my weekend car to look like a supercar hence the Lotus and no 911.

Which name? Gayman or Coxster? lol

Fair play to you for seeing the fun side!

:welcome:

From the first time i saw 'Cayman' in the car mags i thought it was a really

risky name, and they have slanted it on the badge to make it look even more

like 'it'. They should have gone back to numbers, all the best Porsche cars were

known by numbers with the odd 'carrera' or 'Turbo' added on.

Not as bad as the ford 'probe' though. Every time i see one of those i assume

it must have recently been inserted into someones backside to get that badge.

We digress though, well done again, stick around, and enjoy the car.

:laser:

I toyed with a Boxster, then a 911, and finally settled on a Noble ( after 4 esprits ).

Read any forum and the owners will insist that their car is the be all and end all and wont entertain anything else. But until you buy something else you will never know.

Right then, said Fred.

After a Europa Special followed by four esprits (two S3s, a Stevens Turbo & an S4s) I bought a Boxster S & while it doesn't have the raw power of the S4s it is nicer, easier to drive.

Cheers,

John W

Cheers,

John W

Nice looking car, if I had the cash I'd have one.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

i think they look quite nice, i actually thought they were quiicker though.

and errr i will ask, why not a 911? petrol? etc etc

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

The only reason I didn't pay a bit extra and get a 911 is because I only like the look of the 911 turbo and the Cayman.

The 911 turbo works out to be 102k on the road. Well beyond my limit. Maybe next time lol.

So the Cayman was it. It's a fantastic car and at a great price.

Thanks for all the nice words. It's nice to be able to stick around.

John

What about a picture of the engine...oh yeah...you can't because there is no access to the engine from the top! Have you started to dig a pit in the garage from which to service it?

I can't imagine the labor costs for ANY service required after warranty on this car. I imagine most service requires removal of the engine for access. :)

Nice car for your intended purpose though....newer Porsches make for very nice daily drivers. Congrats.

What about a picture of the engine...oh yeah...you can't because there is no access to the engine from the top! Have you started to dig a pit in the garage from which to service it?

It's brand new, he's hardly going to service it himself is he ? If you can cough up the thick end of

Edited by snuffy

Right then, said Fred.

Guest Antiques

Understand the logic of needing an everyday reliable car,and you will blend in nicely with everyday traffic as Porches are so common.Honestly ,and forgive me they are so clinically made ,and boring to me.They are designed by Germans who have produced some of the worlds most boringly shaped cars.Well done Chapman for having the foresight to get an italian design house to pen the Esprit.I think you did know you would get a bit of flak ,im just being honest from my point of view ,James/Antiques

good point on the 911, the turbo is the look or gt3 tbh, the other are very very boring.

is the cayman brand spanking new then? and if so is there a part of your brain that doesnt like money LMAO LMAO

2nd hand slightly killed turbo "maybe"

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)