Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Whats cooler? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Whats cooler?

No Ford can ever be cool...EVER! Let me give you an example:

GT40 ?????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horny Girl "Ohh what do you drive"

Horny Bloke "Its and RS200/GT40"

Horny Girl "Oh really whats that?"

Horny Bloke "It's a Ford"

Horny Girl "Oh is that the time? I have to get my hair done"

Positive proof yet again I think!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sorry Kimbers.........................your just wrong on the ford RS500 front, no debate!!!

And as for girls..................its got a picnic table on the back, and room for the kids, and the picnic basket, sold!!!

Excuse me I've been to the pub!!

Any way, the coolest french bloke?

Gerard Depardieu

OR

Jean Renu

coolest pet

Tiger

Or

Penguin

and finally

Coolest 90's to 00's racer

ZXR750

OR

Blade

Horny Girl "Ohh what do you drive"

Horny Bloke "Its an XR2

I used to have F412WEW which was a beutiful Dolphin Grey Highline with full silver leather interior

You mean THIS ONE!

I rang you about this and very nearly came to get it, can't remember why but there was some kind of mis-timing with the whole thing (probably needed to sell a car first). Mind you if I had known you only paid

Edited by LooseCannon

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I may be wrong but the GT40 was not built by Ford was it? it was built in the UK for them and has a ford badge, wether its cool or not is irrellevent but its a nice shape

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

And the logbook of the Carlton says Vauxhall. Definitely not cool.

Cars can't really be considered cool, especially the ones that blokes like. (This includes Esprits) Having any whizzy car is a bit sad, really.

Lancia is way cool; BMW not so much. BMW may be brilliant engineering and performance, but is antiseptic and cold. Like the cockpit of a Bf109, a horrible place to die. Italians have soul. On a summer evening, pull up to an outside cafe in BMW or a Vespa scooter - the Vespa gets all the points.

TR6 is cooler than the Healey. Healey has nice two-tones, but is an old man's car.

:lol:

regards,

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass

So Aston Martin DB9 or Ferrari 599?

Top Gear or Fifth Gear?

Personal helicopter or private jet?

Giugiaro Esprit or Bertone Alfa Romeo Spyder (a la Graduate)?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Couple of good ones there Trevor.

Aston - Cos its an Aston.

Top Gear - Crap presenters on Fith Gear including VBH (she doesn't do anything for me at all - must be the only bloke not impressed by her a all)

Thats a toughie - Personal Jet if you are trying to impress re cost - but as this is about Cool, has to be a land anywhere helicopter.

Very easy one - G Esprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Simon

You said you knew cool!! Sorry but with the choices you made (opposite to me) the only cool you know is boy racer and pimp! :lol:

It's the law that anything, no matter how good, is uncool with BMW on the front.

No Ford can ever be cool...EVER! Let me give you an example:

Girl "What do you drive"

Boyracer " I have a Ford"

Girl "Oh......"

Boy "But it's really fast and looks.....where'd she go?"

BUT!

Girl "What do you drive"

Cool boy racer "I have a Lotus Omega"

Girl "Ohhh Whats that? Sounds cool"

Cool boy racer "It's a twin turbo rocket ship and has 4 doors and great rear space for making whoopie!"

Girl "Ohhh lets try it out"

Boyracer "But what about my ford!"

Girl "Piss off loser".

See, that proves it!!

Hey Kimbers that only proves one thing i am affraid! If you only buy cars to pick up girls, then that makes you SERIOUSLY UNCOOL! And by demonstrating how uncool you are, you have actually proved my point!

The problem is how can you prove what is cool to someone who buys cars to get chicks? THEY JUST WON'T UNDERSTAND! :)

You mean THIS ONE!

I rang you about this and very nearly came to get it, can't remember why but there was some kind of mis-timing with the whole thing (probably needed to sell a car first). Mind you if I had known you only paid

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Pish and posh! What need have I of more women? The one i have is not only exceeding my exacting standards but keeping me busy (if you know what I mean wink wink).

I have a car because it's the next best thing to sex and not as exhausting!

And a BMW is just not cool, neither is a Ford. It just isn't and never can be!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That IS my car! Well done that saved my having to scan it in! Were you the guy from Hartlepool or Newcastle? I was quite wiered every phone call i had were from the North East!

Neither, I'm from Durham and was really after a 6 at the time. Now I recall, I really wanted the sports seats and yours had the comfy chairs (albeit immaculate) but that Dolphin grey was a big pull, and I was nearly on the bus to come and get it. I saw a few, inc 2 one owner cars in Glasgow and one in Nottingham, but they were mostly pretty rough. The 6 is definitely on the "list" for me, but I fear the window of opportunity has passed, along with the Quattro, Integrale etc etc, as I now have one money pit and really need something economical/practical as a daily bus, shame.

Oooohhhh Handbags!

Despite my love of the Sunbeam the RS500 is cooler, sorry.

10/10 for continuety! Didn't you just say that the RS500 was far cooler than the Lotus sunbeam?

Neither, I'm from Durham and was really after a 6 at the time. Now I recall, I really wanted the sports seats and yours had the comfy chairs (albeit immaculate) but that Dolphin grey was a big pull, and I was nearly on the bus to come and get it. I saw a few, inc 2 one owner cars in Glasgow and one in Nottingham, but they were mostly pretty rough. The 6 is definitely on the "list" for me, but I fear the window of opportunity has passed, along with the Quattro, Integrale etc etc, as I now have one money pit and really need something economical/practical as a daily bus, shame.

Yes i remember speeking to you! You did miss a good one! i have seen a few up for sale since at much higher prices! It was a total minter! in much better condition than my esprit! But you are right the eighties icons seem to be envougue! Quattro for very (fire up the quattro!) reasons but the integrale seams to have just come into peoples consciencness(mispelt?) all at the same time and i regularly see them making

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I don't know what I'm saying I'm half cut!!!! 2 Sheets to the wind!!!! Burying my liver!!!! Pissed!!! Doing A George Best!!!! Blotto!!!""

If its any consolation , i am three sheets too! Watched Holland get greased up then shafted by Russia, then watched Imran Khan sneak a victory of Gomez with a coupoe of bottles of rioja!, I thought Gomez was in for a round or two more and troubled Khan on more than one occassion! Khan stole it!

OK guys here are some more for you!

Jaguar XJS.....................

Vs

Audi quattro s1 (rally stylee!)

or

MGB.............................

Vs (and this is a tough one!)

Triumph Spitfire!

or

Lancia Fulvia - i know someone mentioned it in this thread!.............................

Vs

Alfa Junior GT.......................

Original Merc SL gulwing! a personal favorite..............................

Vs

Aston Martin DB5 (both oober cool but there is only one winner!)........................

Mark 1 golf GTi...........

Vs

BMW E30 M3 EVO..................................

(this is the mother of all versus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Lambourgini Muira (oober cool! has to be in orange or lime green)................

Vs

Ferrari 250GTO (also oober cool! but it has to be in black or red)

Natalie Portman (very hot brunette) but not cool!

Vs

Nicole Kidman (very hot blonde!) but not cool

As ever you thoughts will be anylised and marked - but be careful i have put in some trick questions this time!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Gold FFM
watched Imran Khan sneak a victory of Gomez with a coupoe of bottles of rioja!,

That Rioja must be bloomin good Si. I watched the Amir Khan fight, obviously missed the cricket though. :lol:

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

You are not going to like this one very much but the Alfa is actually much cooler than the Esprit! (OHhh the horror!) the Alfa has effortless style and although the Esprit is quite cool, the alfa is icy cool! Just not quicki enough for my taste and in the defence of the Esprit IT IS THE BETTER CAR - BY A LONG WAY

I put that one in to see if anyone would agree with me that the Alfa is regarded as cooler, a classic shape that can be appreciated by people who have no interest in cars while the Esprit has a shape that excites but may be too far for those who don't like cars.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Camper vans are very cool - especially spits that have been slammed! BUT.....

They are only cool if the driver is sub 40 years old! any older than that and they are very UNCOOL! Hope that you are a 30 something Cockneyplayboy! :whistle:

Its unfortunate but true that some cars are actually cool for one age group but not for another!

Example?

Bristol - very cool if a young person is driving....very sad if its not!

Moris Minor - very cool if a young person is driving...not so cool if its not (unless its a white convertable thats never cool!)

Jaguary XJR - cool if driven by a young person - not so cool if not

struggling for an example the other way though! I suppose you look slightly less rediculous if you are older and drive an XK8 convertable!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

It's OK, tell it like it is, what you mean is it's impossible to be over 40 and cool unless you are Samuel L Jackson or Paul Weller or something ...

YEP!

Not really there are plenty of cool people 40 years and beyond! They just don't drive moris minors or Bristols! No they drive LOTUS ESPRITS!!!! (phew i think i just about dug myself out of that hole!!)

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Was just loading the car with a baseball bat...................