Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aussie map with Esprit Locations - Page 2 - Australia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aussie map with Esprit Locations

s4simon

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm planning on coming up in the new year to look at some land on Russell Island, maybe we could have an Esprit gathering.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Great News!!

Got my girl on the road and pushing the 200kph without an issue... well a small overboosting issue but most likely just a leaking hose.

Russell Island aye Roger? the ferry is only minutes from here, (6 or 7), you can park up here if you want and i candrop you rather than leaving the Esprit down at the seaside carpark.

Next thing now is to tidy up the workshop and reinstate the Lotus Bar.

I will start a new thread titled Brisvegas Hoon 2009 once i speak with Roger and see what dates he is looking at coming up. the more the merrier.

I have already picked out a route B)

Until then, Merry Christmas to all and a very HappyNew Year, I hope Santa is as good to you as he has been to me already

Justin

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...

Feel free to add me to the map with 1982 S3 turbo in Perth Western Australia. - One of many Esprits in the Perth area. (I now have details of 26 Esprits here - covering all models from S1's to V8's, and are aware of several more that I don't know the owners of yet). Hopefully we can organise a Perth Esprit day out!

• Gold FFM

Steve,

I'll be in that whenever you can sort something out. I am also on the Yahoo group after meeting some of the other guys at the Waroona show. Didn't realise there was that many esprits over here in WA.

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hope you have more luck than me, have had 18 people look at the post, but at the moment it looks like just two of us on the run...

might be going with the Cobra Car Club instead...

Justin

G'day ALL

Never realised that there were so many Esprits in Perth .. with 100klm of it .

When i lived there for a little while ....20 odd years ...I NEVER SAW 1 ESPRIT

That would be right i leave .. live in UK for 10-12 years ..Then bring out a Esprit.

They all come our of the woodwork ......

pomoz

Cough Cough Im Off

I think a fair amount of them were imported as personal imports mate, they probably were not there when you were.

importing them is a cheap way to do it nowadays as opposed to paying 200k+ for them new.

apparently they are not as nice underneath as our Aussie delivered cars due to the weather and salt on the roads etc... only hearsay mind you, me no expert :lol:

Justin... ( aussie delivered...)

Oh good

I will probably be flying over West early JUNE 09 ,, to a mates daughter's wedding ... might try and tee up a few looks at the Gcars in Perth ... while im there.

You are right Justin ,about the underneath of imported Esprits... a bit tatty and surface rust on springs shocks etc ..

not like Aussi delivered cars ......

Also driving from Norwich to Southampton in heavy snow... then placed on RO/RO ship ... by the time i got it again ... the rust was starting to smile :lol:

pomoz

Cough Cough Im Off

I think all Esprits are beautiful in gods eyes...lol

let me tell you, mine is no oil painting underneath also. Hard for it to rust with all those custom fitted oil leaks it came with.

Apparently they are standard and were not even offered as an option :lol:

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Lennie Dee is that your Blue Esprit in the photo in my post just before your post?

(Was Jason's car?)

Steve

Hey GreenLeader,

Yeh, the blue esprit in that photo above^ is now my car. Bought it from Jason two weeks ago.

Only taken it out once to take some photo's after a good polish and wax. Weather has been less than ideal.

Was it you who put me onto this car when we met at Gingin? Not sure who is who yet.

You can add me in now too, car arrives in Sydney tomorrow. 1988 Turbo Esprit, Twin carbs, Renault gearbox, Calypso Red. Avoca Beach, NSW Central Coast.

Too many Toys are never enough !

• Gold FFM

Reckon we'll ever catch up to the Brits in numbers of Esprits on the road?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 months later...