Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My screen has changed - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My screen has changed

Backmarker

Now got black banners and lots of new icons?

I didn't touch anything.

Do we all have this new look?

Not complaining, just wondering.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone does. The old look is still available, just look at the bottom of the page, just up and left a bit from the Lotus banner and you'll see a drop down where you can select your 'skin'. This one is now the default so I've got a more universal look to all the forums ;)

The icons are just a new feature I installed today for social bookmarking, makes us easier to find to the rest of the world if people use them!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

there is no skin feature bibs, i take it should be next to the RSS language menu?

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

The icons are just a new feature I installed today for social bookmarking, makes us easier to find to the rest of the world if people use them!

OK, I really am falling behind the times, I had to read that 3 times to have a clue what you meant, after the second time I searched and "found" the icons. Now I've hovered over them and know one of them as a social networking thing that's facebook, so I now know that since another is Google it too must have some similar features other than searching the net for "driver usb freescan" (while this forum was down due to server issues).

By the look is great for one reason alone, the green + changes to a red - for the quote in post bit, it's so much easier to notice.

On the line of Is there any way we can...., are we looking at getting a sort of blog thing at any point, not for personal stuff, but a car blog, I guess I could sign up for one of those social networking things, but I don't see it happening.

You can add a blog to your car in the owners garage in a roundabout kind of way. Alternatively there is IP.Blog which I can add on here, it's not free though so I'd want to know that it was going to be used.

You should be able to pick skins again now, I remembered what the problem was when that happened before and I just had to make the parent skin visible again, sorted.

I would like to ditch some of the other skins as it would save me time when I go through updates. Any objections, anyone really like/need the other skins?

I would like to ditch some of the other skins as it would save me time when I go through updates. Any objections, anyone really like/need the other skins?

Must admit I prefer the LEF classic... so it would be great if we could retain that one for now :unworthy:

I like the new colours, thanks for the work.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

ok, i like the new colours :unworthy:

could you tell me what is the difference in the icons , on the main forum page i can see that all sections with subforums have a black mark on the icon, but if you go into the section, some of the thread folders have them and some dont ... why? as none of these have sub-forums.

also some have different types of folders - like windows, some have pics in them (in the folder icon) and others do not, but this does not seem to relate to what is in the thread .

confusued (doesn't take a lot nowerdays :thumbsup: )

So you all can see the change! , & I thought it was cause I'm now a 'Club Esprit Member'!...............

No realy, looks real good, I always liked the Black & gold look.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

thanks Laura :blush:

still unsure on the black marks on the bottom right of some of the icons in the threads though?

If you click on the number of replies in a thread, it will open a new window showing who replied and how many times.

If you click on the paperclip next to a title it will open a new window showing what attachments there are in a thread and how many times they've been downloaded.

There are loads of features in this software, it's clever stuff!

I must admit I prefer this new look. Is it because of a switch away from Invision after the crash a few weeks ago?

Not sure if I will ever use the new facilities apart from trying them to see if they work but it's neat to have them, a bit like having a car that can do 150 mph when you know you will never get chance.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE