Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pagid brake pad part #'s for AP Equipped Cars - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pagid brake pad part #'s for AP Equipped Cars

Does anyone know for sure, what the Pagid brake pad part #'s are for Esprit V8's with factory AP brakes? I found some part #'s on www.motorsportworld.co.uk under Lotus Sport 350 but I know the # for the rear pad is wrong for the Sport 350 because it has the caliper listed as a AP caliper and from what I've heard the Sport 350 has the same brakes as my car (2002 Esprit V8) which should be a Brembo caliper. Plus the picture of the rear pad looks nothing like the one on my car. The front # they supply looks like it could be a match but I'm not 100% sure. So far what I have is E1361 for the front and E1682 for the rear.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E1682 is definitely the correct rear pad for the Brembo Esprits - I've used them on mine a few times...

However, while you're correct that the S350 and other AP Esprits used the same rear Brembo caliper - the AP disc was thicker, 26mm vs 22mm. Correspondingly according to the service notes for the Brembo Esprit, the pad was 9.5mm new (which is correct for E1682) but only 6.5mm new on the S350.

So you would have to file the E1682 pads down by a few mm to fit the rear S350.

Alternatively as Sanj mentioned some on the Elise/Exige/340Rs used the same Brembo rear caliper and I believe some of them used thicker discs like the S350. But the only part number I can find for those cars is E1682, so perhaps Pagid don't make the correct thinner pad...

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Pagid have pad # 1682 listed with a total thickness of 13 mm... where did you get the 9.5 mm from? Is that the thickness of the pad material from the backing plate where 13 mm is the total thickness (pad and backing plate) Some one must have tried these pads.... I was pretty sure that I read some where that some one had a set of these on a sport 350 or a 2000 + model

That's the thickness of the pad itself (new) from the Service Notes for the Lotus OEM pads - 9.5mm for the 'Brembo' cars and 6.5mm for the S350.

I've checked some used E1682s and the backing plate is approx 5mm. If the total thickness is 13mm, then the pad itself would be 8mm. That's a bit more than the S350 OEM of 6.5mm so they might just fit if you wind the caliper all the way back into the piston...

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

• 3 years later...

guys

im looking to buy Pagid RS14 pads for my 2002 Esprit. Just like the the OP!

Can anyone confirm 100% that the part numbers quoted (e1361 and e1682) are the correct ones. UNfoprtunately there is no local Pagid dealer here in Calgary and i do not want to deal with returning/exchanging and whatever restocking fees are involved..

Thanks in advance for the help!