Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
cold start idle change GONE! - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

cold start idle change GONE!

socal450

On cold start ups my car would idle @ aroun 1300rpm until it reached a certain temp,and then drop to a nice smooth idle right @ 1000.A few days ago it stopped doing this!Now on cold start ups it just stays @ 1100-1200 and doesnt change like it should...Shoul I be concerned,any suggestions on the problem,if any? The car seems to be running overall the same,idle drops ocasionally at a stop light,but its always done that. Thanks,Tim

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine did the same thing . .then after a while a relay kept jumping on and off and the idle would go up when the relay clicked .. . .then one day i was driving and it just quit . . .not sure if it is the fuel pump or what . . wont start . . i replaced relays and still no start.

I had the high idle issue on my '89 non-SE, it turned out to be a sticking throttle jack solenoid.

Yours,

Tom

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti

yeah I had the sticking throttle jack as well.

Good to reset and check the IAC, and look for air leaks in the manifold. Some of the little hoses to the manifold crack, like the fuel pressure regulator pressure line.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I was looking at my throttle jack setup yesterday (with manual in hand). Properly adjusted, I get the impression that there is only 1.3mm (not centimeters) between off/on. I don't think it even registers on the Throttle Position Sensor. Is this correct?

Is the throttle jack purely to overcome the effect of the EBPV. I have removed my EBPV, so I guess there is really no need for it(?). Or could this be one of the reasons my engine is running so rich (prior to closed loop). ...The ECM is adding lots of fuel, expecting a bigger throttle opening?

The vacuum is strong going to the jacking capsule, but I barely notice a movement on the throttle mechanism.

Cheers.

Ian

Edited by Qavion

Hey Travis,

Any insight on crack-resistant plumbing upgrades? I'm having a Code 26 now and I think it's a leak in one of the canister-purge connections.

I've read about Viton vacuum line but the vacuum will only be as reliable as the connectors.

All advice appreciated,

Tom

Edited by tje111

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti