Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Moving to Middle East -take the car with me? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Moving to Middle East -take the car with me?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats ... and option B obviously. Sounds like you have your eyes open and realism detector funtioning so you should do fine. Dont know anything about the ag of importing/customs/duties/road regs/registering a car in Oman tho so it could be that the bureaucracy will kill it. Its hard enough to move to many countries in the Euro zone!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

I'm guessing the job move is of the permanent variety if you are thinking of taking the car with you. Congrats, and again option B :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Take it with you, if you haven't already check out the air con, if you can get a solid roof as a possessed to glass do it.

Roger :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Well done. I assume being out there means a terrible life of lying by a pool and getting tax free wages.

it's a hard life.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

sounds like its going with me!

I am hoping that import rules are reasonable. I know that most of the middle east is very car friendly and as long as you know the system, almost anything is possible. The lack of taxes should help. I hear petrol is only a few quid a tank so I am not expecting the anti car rhetoric we have here. This might be my last chance to drive something silly before we are all in hybrids!

The car has a solid roof and a recently serviced aircon. One thing I do expect to find out there are decent aircon engineers!