Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pictures of our cars. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pictures of our cars.

peteyg

Just stuimbled across this website with some fantastic photos of Esprits.

The really weird thing is there are pictures of my car with me in it and I have NO IDEA where or when they were taken!!!

Anybody any idea and who else has their car on here?

http://www.magiccarpics.co.uk/search/index...=50&cPage=1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The contributor of the piccies is named in the description... :thumbsup:

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Some of those pictures are official Lotus images and art, so they would need permission to sell them on from Lotus, perhaps they have it.

If someone takes an image of your car in a public place I think they can sell it on without your permission, they own the copyright of the image, and as you the owner of the vehicle have parked it in a public place you can't really expect it to not be photographed at sometime while out. If a picture is taken at a private event , like a Lotus open day or a track day you need permission from the land owners or event organisers to take images, but not the individual car owners at the events, again you are attending an event so should go with the understanding that your vehicle might get photographed or filmed at sometime

This is why it's taking me ages to make my DVD, everything I use I have to make sure it's alright to use, you just can't nick images from Google. Most people don't mind their car having it's photo taken, it's a compliment to you that someone would want a picture of your car, if you are using it in material for resale some sort of acknowledgement is the norm.

I think if you are taking people it is different, they need your permission to take an actual photo of you, but if you take a crowd, then you don't need it as you are not targeting anyone specific, it's a general image

Owen

I think if you are taking people it is different, they need your permission to take an actual photo of you

Owen

Hmmm, think i'll tell the rozzers this the next time they take a picture of me apparently breaking the law on the road... :thumbsup:

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

It's perfectly fine to take a picture of anyone in public. If you're in public, expect to be recorded. The exception is taking pictures of someone if they are at home as that's a place one can expect a right to privacy.

It is good practise to ask someone for permission if you take their picture and expect to use it for commercial gain, but it's not a legal requirement.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The exception is taking pictures of someone if they are at home

Say what to who now? I can't do that anymore?

I rather suspect Lotus won't be happy at them selling those Copyrighted pictures.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

A lot of the photos are from magazine articles in the past several years (like the orange S1 is from that V8 S1 "proposal" article in, I think, Practical Classics). Any chance he is the photographer for the non-Lotus copyrighted images?

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

A lot of the photos are from magazine articles in the past several years (like the orange S1 is from that V8 S1 "proposal" article in, I think, Practical Classics). Any chance he is the photographer for the non-Lotus copyrighted images?

The orange S1 and many others were taken by John Colley, photographer for Practical Classics mag amongst others. He sells them out of his own website too, possibly for less. In this instance I think it's just the brochure and magazine scans that are bit dodgy. Even if it's not illegal it's unethical.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Have been in touch with the photographer, they were taken at a Goodwood Breakfast Club meet a couple of years ago. He was snapping lots of cars as they arrived.

The shots are aimed at publishing groups rather than private individuals, hence the price and why my photo popped up on the Octane website!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Ok, this isn't my car, but it is owned by someone. I found this while looking for images at work, this person can not be serious to think this is an improvement over the original design, they need a lobotomy. :sofa:

Don't go getting ideas Mark now you own one!

pics-med-9910-190034-1976-lotus-eli.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3