Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit 1985 Turbo Cabrio on Ebay - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit 1985 Turbo Cabrio on Ebay

Esprit V8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From a distance you could think "A TVR wedge would be better", form close up it's a bit different, maybe something like "A Morris Marina looks better".

I wonder if it's got lots of additional steel work to brace the body since the roof rigidity has gone?

Andy

I wonder if it's got lots of additional steel work to brace the body since the roof rigidity has gone?

Andy

To quote my wife - "I doubt it."

Here's another case of Esprit's Gone Wrong.

"Sale here a very very rare Lotus ESPRIT 2,0 turbo. The special is the very rare sporty Bodykit and the Cabrio change with integrated Hardtop" according to babel fish translation.

Where's a shot of the integrated hardtop I wonder. Seems fairly intregral to the opening statement of the description. Misguided creativity of that sort should be chopping up Civics and Astras, or even Corvettes and Camaro's.

In all fairness, maybe he's really really tall.

:-)

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

Absolutely awful. All the cabrio versions are.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

White over red? A barbecue grill over the rear? Don't know about Bastlerzustand, more like Bastardzustand if you ask me..even it's mother couldn't love it..who says the Germans have no sense of humour?!! Wonder what it'll sell for..if it sells at all...Please, some philanthropist buy it and put the poor thing out of it's misery.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Now I've been thinkin about this for a while, I wonder if there is anyway that any of these convertible could have all the tat that was attached to them removed, be smoothed back to actually look vaguely descent, ie loose all the spoilers and crap and just a a plain back. They seem to go cheaply cos they look awful.

Oh and one colour!!!

any photoshop wizard want to have a go, I have no talent so not going to bother!!

Have you seen one in the flesh though Toby? I've only seen the St Tropez variant and there are only

a few angles it looks good from, and there is a very real reason they are all photographed with the roof

off (note i say off and not down), as the roof assembly when fitted looks like something your dad uses

in the garden to grow his marrows.

They are interesting to look at though.

:)

Nope, never seen one in the flesh.

Thought about it some more and maybe a S1 targa would look good. IE take one of these total messes and add and S1 back lose all the crappy bodykit!!!

Dunno just thinking whilst drinking!!

I guess Targa would be better, as it could retain some roof strength, in a way that's what the glass roof of the later ones achieves, just with the strength at the edges rather than the middle. Probably better to just put a glass roof in an S1 from an S3/ Turbo that way al the hard work of designing it has already been done, just cut the old roof off, glass the new one on and refinish the bodywork.

Andy

I know I've read in the past that the Glass roof option was Lotus's way of trying to 'keep up with the Jones'and the sales of the Targa-topped 308/328's.

Probably an easier and cheaper way than developing their own Targa or even convertible - though does anyone know if they ever even vaguely considered an open Esprit?

Edited by nello

Just saw this... AND HERE HE GOES AGAIN TRYING TO SELL THAT THING!

We located this car before, 2007 ?; different pix, now on LEW.....

I would say : RECYCLE! or INCINNERATE.

To be crossed off the Lotus ChassiNo. List regardless. :(

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

How sad :2guns:

There better be a bloody good reason why someone would want to do that to an esprit. Personally, I wouldnt even accept the excuse that that car had suffered a serious engine compartment fire.

I dont care what other people say, KEEP ESPRITS ORIGINAL!!!

Or at the very least, make any changes reversable.

If this sacreledge to this poor little S1 hadn't have happened, not only would it still look good, it would be worth a packet too. Now, it propably worth bugger all, and the saddest thing is that, it probably wont stay on the road for very long either.

The most admired esprits, are the originals. A good original car, that has been driven as it should, maintained well, and enjoyed by its owners, will always be worth more, but most important of all, look better.

Esprits, to me, are British mechanical works of art. Very much like the Supermarine Spitfire. Each varient of the both the esprit and the spitfire, is perfect in its own right. Developed from it earliest beautiful prototype, to the last, most powerful production version.

Wouldn't it be ashame, if your met a spitfire, with a digital cockpit, jet engine, with wings from a F16, and painted to look like a space shuttle.

Please please please, Stop cutting holes in esprits, changing wheels from later types, changing bumpers.

If you want your car to look like a later model, then just get a later model. If you want more power, get a more powerful car (not that any esprit needs more power, remember, there is always a car thats faster than yours! drop that complex)

If you want a real challenge owning an esprit, try keeping it original. Modding the the easiest thing, maintaining an original is the toughest!

I think that Ken Bairds S1 car at the NEC says it all!!!

Thats all I have to say about that! :censored:

MY GOD!

It just goes from bad, to worse!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...A1%7C240%3A1318

Is someone winding me up?

post-4319-1231210450.jpg