Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aircon TX Valve Identification - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aircon TX Valve Identification

Good Morning Guys

I have to remove the TX valve and get a replacement and thanks to Roger I have now located what seems to be the TX valve.

I am not sure how much is included in the plumbing as the valve itself, and do not want to struggle un necessarily to get the wrong bits out.

can anyone tell me if i need to remove part "A" or "B" or both?

Thanks in advance

Justin

post-53-1231457686_thumb.jpg

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks ugly.

Put this thread in the Stevens tech area Justin - more coverage there.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Just love that black sh*t :smoke:

I was thinking of wrapping mine in some kind of foam rubber/thermal bandage, rather than that goop.

Looking at the parts catalogue, it seems that part B is only an L-shaped bracket with a floating nut on it.

The Expansion Valve (part A) has 4 connections on it (2 large pipes and 2 small) .. Looks tricky to remove. Are those small pipes brazed/silver soldered?

Cheers.

Ian.

Not a good photo, but you can imaggine where it is...

I think ther is a nut on the join. will do as Roger says and pull the front seat out tomorrow just to gain access.

Also looks like that black unit on the side may have to come apart too, will play by ear.

I am thinking of replacing the black goop with spray foam, any ideas on that? what does the black goop do? i would imagine it stops it banging against the body and rattling around.

Justin

I always assumed the black stuff was insulation. Those pipes must get hot or cold depending which part of the circuit they are in.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

ahh so spray foam would still breath and no doubt still drip water then...

Looks like i will be putting the old tar goop back then. Thats after i do my contortionist act this morning and remove the valve

Justin

Air conditioning TXV is your condenser gething Ice if is not you have other problem (be more especific)

If u want to remove the TXV you need to Evacuate the system cut all the pipes refit the new part and braze it if you dont know how take it to a automovile a/c mechanic dont f...k with it or you going to loose your car. Rene

sorry is not the condenser unit is the (evaporator )if the evaporator and the txv get ice is because the txv is cloug now if the evaporator is sendind thu your vents fog is becouse you are low on refrigerant or you have a restricted dryer well good lock but please man dont try to braze nothing in that area if you dont know. Rene

Oh by the way that's insulation ,if you don't replace it you will get your feet wet ,that part will get condensation., if you have questions about A/C repairs ASK ME now or stay in silence for ever. Rene

yeah good onya Rene...

it is the TX valve as i have had it diagnosed by A1 dear as hell mechanic cold air man.

just got to get around to taking it out now, as discussed before, i can get in there but arms too long to get in there and get hands on two spanners.

will post pics when achieved.

Justin

PS thanks all so far

Yeah I have located a part at the local aftermarket parts dealer here n Oz called Repco and it sells for AUD$45, about hte same as in the U.S.

will keep you posted and get some more photos

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Justin,

hopefully the picture is of some use, sorry for not posting this earlier but just started today with the removal of the black stuff (is insulation in order to prevent condensation) and the removal of the TX valve itself. One of the thin copperlines (the one with a coil) is mounted with a clip and the other one is mounted with a "nut" to the suction pipe of the evaporator.

post-721-1233082846_thumb.jpg

Freek

Edited by fjmuurling

Esprit Freak

Ahh excellent! thanks Freek

I have actually got the valve out and on the bench with the new one being ordered yesterday from Repco.

The girl down at the shop said that if i need the part in a hurry, she could get it to me yesterday( same day), for $130 but if i could wait til this morning, $45! apparently they are on clearance and they have one left so i snapped it up and pick it up this morning.

I am glad you sent that photo mate as i was not sure where the clip on the carpet came from and now i know.

Justin