Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Britt Ekland Photograph wanted please - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Britt Ekland Photograph wanted please

dave_speck

I'm trying to locate a good quality picture or photograph of the "Britt Ekland Blue S2 Elan" ......and I'm failing badly...

Has anyoneone got one, or any ideas...

I've posted on the LEC... No joy really...

Here's a few pics so you can see which one I'm trying to source...

One cropped up on ebay a few years ago...

and another I found on the net...

24 March 1995:

Lotus celebrates the completion of the 50,000th car since the birth of the marque in 1948. The car, a Lotus Elan S2, is donated to a major national charity with the help of former Lotus driver Britt Ekland. With the help of the "Sun" newspaper, over

post-3720-1233951418_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1233951450_thumb.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realise she continued to be associated with Lotus after her marriage to Peter Sellars. A good friend of mine, an Aston Martin devotee with an extensive AM collection (he races a DBR09 as well) rang me up a year or two back to say he'd just bought a Lotus, knowing my passion for the brand. It was a white 1966 (I think) Elan previously owned by Sellars and came with a portfolio of him and Britt Eckland swanning about in it. Which was nice.

Edited by hedgerley

Black and white would be good, colour would be brillant

I know I'm trying to find the impossible so black and white is perfect...

I'll PM you this afternoon, you may see the picture again.. Donny 2010.. 21 years of the Elan

TTFN

PM sent

TTFN

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I've sent you high res pics of the following;

1. Britt Ekland and M100.

1-3.jpg

2. Giugiaro's Elan concept (rejected)

Concept_1.jpg

3. GM's Chuck Jordan's Elan concept (rejected)

Concept_2.jpg

4. M100 concept rolling chassis.

M100_Prototype.jpg

5. M100 endurance vehicle.

M100_Test_Car.jpg

6. Mike Kimberely at the launch of the M100.

M100_Kimberely.jpg

Edited by Mark Blanchard

What did Sellers see in her? :wub:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Jackonicko...so you lurk on here as well as Pprune, then? Nice photo...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Very nice! Any pictures of the matt black prototype, Mark?

I'm afraid not. Would be interested to see it. I've got some more pics, including a rare silver FHC M100 rolling chassis concept car and some more of the show car at Earls Court in 1989.

Is it wildly off-topic to include a link to details and photos of the M90 prototype?

m90web1.gif

oh, OK - thought so :)

But I do rather like it... :)

I've got some more pics, including a rare silver FHC M100 rolling chassis concept car and some more of the show car at Earls Court in 1989.

This has reminded me that the Club Lotus France website has some good photos, particularly the prototypes section. Is the the coupe you mean Mark? Taken at the 1998 "Let's bin our heritage" auction by the look of it... :(

a232532488.jpg

Hmm, not sure about the Calibra headlamps though... :)

Very nice! Any pictures of the matt black prototype, Mark?

Not one but two... :)

2c3b29217b.jpg

Club Lotus France M100 page - there's another there of wading tests but not such a good photo.

Edited by Dan

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Mark - excellent photos yet again. I'd love to have a couple of spare hours rummaging around on your hard disk to get an idea of the sheer volume of carnography you have lurking there! :unsure:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."