Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
what is this please? - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

what is this please?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't remember what ours look like, but it's certainly very similar to some oil pressure senders I've seen. It also looks like the boost pressure sender unit for the gauge. What ever it is, it shouldn't be hanging, I suspect if you look in the engine bay you'll find something it should be connected to.

It's a fuel filter.

It's installed onto the outlet hose for the vacuum pump. The pump was probably getting noisy. The filter allows the pump to function but quiets the uhh uhh uhh sound.

No action required....

PS I'm sure the oil is coming from the cam towers or the rear cam tower covers.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit\NJ USA

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

It's a fuel filter.

It's installed onto the outlet hose for the vacuum pump. The pump was probably getting noisy. The filter allows the pump to function but quiets the uhh uhh uhh sound.

No action required....

PS I'm sure the oil is coming from the cam towers or the rear cam tower covers.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit\NJ USA

Good catch on the vacuum silencer Atwell, but the oil looks like it is from the transmission. :)

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Good catch on the vacuum silencer Atwell, but the oil looks like it is from the transmission. :)

Hi Travis,

The vacuum pump outlet tube is zip-tied onto the frame. It stretches back nearly to the hoop under the trans. So yeah, the oily stuff can come from anything back there. :)

Judging from the size of the oil spot in the picture, that engine or trans are not out of oil yet! :popo:

I have one of those noise-suppression filters on my Esprit :P and the drop of oil always on it is from the o rings on the rear of the cam towers, which are due to be replaced, AGAIN. (Although I also get some dripping from the exhaust cam housing if I don't drive the car for a while.)

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA