Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG meeting 7th April - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG meeting 7th April

simonf

Thanks for the replies... I hope to attend on 7th April but will confirm nearer the time as Esprit still at Hethel, having service cambelts etc.. Should have been done last week but they are still working on it!!

Simon... If I am a member of the forum am I not a member of AEG? Sorry but confused.. Can you let me know how to join?

Thanks

Gerry

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon

Not going to make this one, as I said previously, too much on. Shame I so enjoyed the last one.

cheers

Ralph

ENJOYED SAYING I TOLD YOU SO MORE LIKE!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Count me in for this one, might not have a car though.

Simonf Food required

Kimbers - ditto

Andy C - ditto

Colin - ditto

James - ditto

Gumin - ditto

G3rry - ditto

Kimbers - ditto

Anymore for the Bird in Hand?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi guys, hope to get to this meet but the car is in bits at Lotus at the minute and may not be back together in time. Got another five days to put it together so I have my fingers crossed.

Simonf Food required

Kimbers - ditto

Andy C - ditto

Colin - ditto

James - ditto

Gumin - ditto

G3rry - ditto

Arrival 7:30 for 8 o'clock food.

Table for 7 people, Simon will you be booking?

I hope to be there too

Keep off the straight and narrow

cheers buddsy!

So i will get the table booked for a dozen I know that Owen is coming and just in case we get some late interest from someone else!

Buddsy, Andy do you guys want a lift?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I have some news!

The good news is

The table is booked for the bird in hand. Arrive 7.30 to eat at 8pm

and the good news is

I cant make it! - Sorry guys but i am sure you will have just as good a time without me! (first missed meeting in nearly two years!)

Speek soon

Simon

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Buddsy, I meant tomorrow night for the lift, however I was at a not very large Lotus meet tonight at the Half Moon.

I received the call from Owen last night "reminding" me about it, was surprised because I didn't think it had ever been the night before AEG, but I'm hardly one to lecture on diary control. We turned up at Tesco tonight, two Elises also ion the same area of the car park by chance, and went to the Half Moon, where the number of Lotus cars was half that of the Tesco area of the car park. EALC meet is the 13th, but had a chat, a drink and some food, and had a few miles under the belt of the car with the slightly lower front suspension.

Buddsy, offer for lift stands if you wish.

Andy

I was only following orders.

I can come and pick you up if you'd prefer to have a drink, it's no great distance, as long as you can withstand the lack of padding the Elise seats give combined with the new (take no prisoners) suspension.

Andy

Buddsy,

Thanks for the info. I have to be up that way on Wednesday morning at 9am and it's about 2.5 hours from home so considered coming up the night before and visiting the AEG night. if I decide to come along I will post tomorrow but doubt I will be there in time for food unfortunately.

Andy,

I have also just replaced my suspension and it is starting to settle nicely.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Andy, the EALC meeting is on Monday 13th... But several of us are going down the Half Moon at lunchtime...for 1pm lunch, about 14 so far I am told,,, if you want to join us let the pub know as they will reserve a table.. mention the lotus club and so you will be with rest of us.in conservatory. several are driving down in convoy from Ipswich way, If you want to run a group from Norwich area I can mention it to others...

on subject of 7th AEG meeting ,,, (sorry if above not relevent to this thread)

Bed and breakfast... I understand the Half Moon is cheap and does a good breakfast, thats assuming its not too far away...at Rushall ( just off the A140) ask for John Hyde the landlord and mention Lotus , really nice helpful chap...

Gerry

How did the meeting go guys - anything interesting happen? How many turned up? I think i might have passed James on the way home - there was something blue and brick-shaped hossing the otherway and i guessed it was james just after the fly over on the Mulbarton Road coming from the A140!!

By me turning up for a beer i have saved my perfect turn out record!

See you all for the next one in Suffolk!

Simon

PS is anyone interested in a run to Santa Pod? I have started a thread to which no one has posted, but i thought Andy might be interested in finding out how fast his mutany G car was, Kimbers might be interested in finding out how quick he could sprint down the quarter mile and James has a subaru so it goes with out saying that he would be interested! It is very easy on the cars, there were a whole host of sheds running last sunday and only one breakdown!!

Come on guys what do you reckon - its only the other side of Cambridge!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

You missed a really enjoyable evening, Si.

There were eight of us in the end and a good time was had by all. Lovely to see Gerry and his wife Sue at their first AEG meet. Most impressed that Sue and Shasha were drinking port by the end of the evening... true AEG/LEFers!!

Believe it or not, we had quite a few arrive in Esprits. Can't remember if there were four or five, but pretty good given the number of attendees.

Blue, brick shaped and hossing along certainly sounds suspiciously like the Blubaru but I was in the Esprit this time!!

Santa Pod sounds interesting but, sadly, the Blubaru's clutch is a suffering at the mo as a result of half a dozen or so rather over exuberant launches 'testing' some 0-60 software.... the interior of the car reeked of burning clutch for several days afterwards. So I'm driving (relatively) sedately for the time being. Ho hum!! Might come along to spectate though.

Sorry I missed it everyone but was still in midlands at 7 so no way could I have got back in time to eat....and had started at 5am so was knackered.

Buzz bomb is off the road with a supercharger issue, sadly destroyed whilst trying to keep up with a certain brick shaped blue thingumyjig.

At least that was my excuse.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer