Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Seriously, who on here has an Elise / Exige? - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Seriously, who on here has an Elise / Exige?

Paul C

Exige / Elise  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S2 Sport 135 in mellow yellow. Like being in one of them there Bass boxes that go in the boot. Very noisy. Took a while to get used to it.

But its great fun to drive. love it to bits.

Highly recommended and very adictive.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Still have the Esprit.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

It was a coming together of lots of things SKY. One coming up at the right price, in the correct colour with the right options and me sitting with much of the money in the bank earning a very little over 0.2% interest! I might as well enjoy it rather than leave it there. But the issue is I need a more reliable car because once that money has gone I don't have it for repairs.

Personally I would have preferred a latter V8, circa 2002 but it just wasn't feasible.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I wanted something that wasn't going to lose money on depreciation like a stone. My normal daily car had lost a shed load and I was sick of throwing it away. Anyway I was fortunate to get offered a good part ex value and so bought the elise at probably the bottom end of the market. My view is if I keep it and run it it will cost as much to run as my vrs. Plus I'll have a lot of fun and if I come to sell it in the future will not lose too much on it. I can also service it myself as it has bugger all history anyway, makes it even cheaper to run.

We were just lucky to be in the right place kind of thing and went for it. You only have the one go!!

I wouldn't want to get rid of the esprit though (unless I have too) as it is just so different and whilst the elise is great the V8 is truly awesome!!

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Still have the Esprit.

TBH can't ever see me getting rid, yes expensive to run but still the ultimate Lotus, now on my second S2 Elise good fun to drive and being lighter than the Esprit so much easier to track (especially if your a crap driver like me).

When I purchased the first S2 a 2002 111S was looking at selling the Esprit to fund an Exige, my daughter reminded me of the times when she was younger and used to go everywhere with me (in the Esprit touring UK & France) and how she used to help with servicing, and how much fun I would have taking Cory (my grandson) in future years.

On the odd occasion when the weather has been ok to get the roof off (a very easy & quick two minute job) the little Elise has proved it's worth, so the Esprit is relegated to quick short Sunday runs and touring holidays in all weathers, the Elise even with the hard top on is ok for the weekend away only with such a tiny rear boot, but it can be used on a daily basis although i did suffer dead bum syndrome on work related runs to Cardiff last year.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 2 weeks later...

I almost bought the Elise - a great concept, great power, but a little too small for me. I bought a used Esprit V8 instead and 'can almost get in the thing when I put the emerg. brake down. Both these cars really impressed me only I'm a bit bigger than I used to be and I enjoy an added inch or two.

Moved from an Esprit to an Elise as I caught the track-day bug & prepping an Elise for the track was far easier & cheaper that with the Esprit, & if it went wrong the bills would have been smaller (engine rebuilds etc.)

Love the Elise for what it is but fancy something a bit comfier for longer jaunts into Europe etc. & am now looking at getting something to join it, current thoughts range between an S4 onwards Esprit to a Ferrari 355 or an AM Vantage.

87 HC Turbo to Elise & now turned to the darkside with an AM Vantage

YES I have look at them and love look of the Exige and they look very quick.

YES I have been on track with Exiges they are quick, but not that much quicker.

BUT on weekend away where do you put the suitcase in Exige.

This is what sets the Esprit apart it is usable as a car not just a toy.

Since I have owned Esprits I have done more long trip away in them then in my BMW.

For me to buy one it wouldn't be as car, but it would like a motorbike for short squirts and track day and if I was buy that type of a car why not just get a clubman.

Steve

I am on my second Elise the first being an '02 Type 72 and my current one the supercharged SC.

The difference in build quality from the 2002 to 2008 model is like night and day and guess what....the soft top on this one doesn't let the rain drip in!

I love driving it and is such a different experience to the Esprit and much quicker on tight roads. I also believe that it accelerates just as quick if not quicker than the Esprit although the Esprit purportedly has a much higher top speed (not verified ) :) !!

As for comfort I think the Proback seats in the latest Elises are fantastically comfortable given the lack of padding and after 300 miles I can get out without a numb bum :P , unlike the Esprit.

There is an art in getting in and out and I believe the Series 2 cars are easier because the chassis member at the doors has definitely been narrowed and I think lowered since the Series 1 car.

Can't wait for the summer 'cos we are off to Stelvio in the Elise.

Yep. I agree. After doing 7 hours in rush hour traffic in an Exige a few years back, with James Tentenths, I can honestly say how comfortable they are over distance.

As for travelling, well, firstly I can easily fit a soft bag in there and secondly, I only ever go long distance with LEF so no issues with storgae as I have a spare seat to put everythiong on!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I have actually been away in mine for a weekend at Turnberry with Mrs Bingo and managed to get a full set of golf clubs in the boot, a collapsable golf bag and a soft holdall with our clothing for the weekend. Couldn't quite manage to get the Powacaddy in though! I taped the clubs together and they fitted in at the very rear of the boot under the lights. Surprising how wide the boot is there.

Edited by bingoking

I have both Esprit S4s and 2007 Exige S with full Komotec upgrade and Quicksilver header + titanium silencer. Sound like a firecracker. According to Komotec figure, I should have around 280 hp behind my shoulder. It is very quick and chassis is a lot more stiffer than Esprit. But when come to top speed, Esprit is faster and more stable. Oh, my Esprit has full mod as well. Marcus knows it very well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an Elise R. I replaced my long serving S1 with it last year and it's been an awesome car, a huge step forward in build quality, performance, pretty much everything really... although I'll accept the S1 had nore character.

The thing is the R is my daily drive but it doesn't quite ring all the bells which why I'm thinking Esprit for the Lotus addiction and a daily drive for the chores and those things I just don't or can't do with the Liz.

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

After going shopping in My Exige last night I can honestly say it is practical as well! I didn't realise till someone said here, that though the apperture is quite small the boot area keeps going into the back. As such I fitted a full shop in yesterday (with some help of the passenger footwell)! Superb!

I have had my S2 Elise for 7 years (it was a year old when I got it) and I have to say I absolutely adore it.

I got my thing for Lotus from the spy who loved me (sure I am not alone there) but never thought I would be able to afford a Lotus. Thankfully, circumstances allowed me to so I went for an Elise as an ideal second car and have never regretted it.

I have finally just purchased my first Esprit (an S2 as well) but both cars are chalk and cheese - and I can't see my esprit ever replacing the B road blast that the Elise just does so well.

Its been good on my wallet too,

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I sold an S2 Elise to buy an Esprit but ended up with a S1 Elise, a Rover T-series engine and a load of turbo bits (not quite sure how that happened it just did) but it's now finished which means I will get bored soon and I'm already looking at Esprits again.

Guest surferphil

I had one (or two) of these. Elise S2

I found it too compramised compared to my M100 Elan Excellent drive but hard to live with. This one was very loud but lacked the power the chassis and looks would suggest it had. So I sold it and kept the Esprit and a few M100s.

Elise04.jpg

• Gold FFM

as jimmibondy mentioned: Yes -I have the S1 , can fit perfectly in (on the passenger side :)) , engine does not run without manual injection assistance in the moment, and i need to sort out a lot of damage all around. The few who know and have tested what i have done with my Esprit steering an seat arrangement know: -i will fit on the Elise drivers side after some modification work there ! :sofa:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..