Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1100+ mile each way trip in an S1 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1100+ mile each way trip in an S1

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to drive my blue S1 from Toledo, Ohio, to Celebration (Orlando) Florida in less than two weeks for the Celebration Exotic Car Festival (check it out http://www.celebrationexoticcars.com). It's over 1100 miles / 18 hours each way! :) I will basically be traveling the entire length of I-75, starting in Ohio, through Kentucky and Tennessee, through Georgia, and into Florida's Turnpike. If anyone lives close to this route and would be willing to offer assistance and/or car storage in the event of an emergency or breakdown (gulp), please shoot me an email: racing_nut_1@yahoo.com.

I've been checking my car over very thoroughly and preparing it for the trip, will be taking tools and spares, but Murphy's Law is still out there!

Thanks,

Tony :)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tony,

If you drive your blue one every day and check everything than will you be confident.

I would, I did it in the past with no problems.

Much pleasure.

Jean

• Gold FFM

Tony,

Sit down with the car, open a beer or two and have a frank conversation with each other.

I do this with 0134G regularly, and we rarely have a fall out............

Look forward to seeing you there.

ATB

Scott.

• Gold FFM

Tony,

I am currently on what is now going to be a 3500 mile trip in my Esprit. Unfortunately I could not get the Pittsburgh Pirates to delay so that I too could be here in Florida the same time. So far the Esprit is just loving the weather here. Have a safe and great trip. Watch out for the Florida State Police on the I75 as they were out in swarms the other day.

Remember to bring your AAA card just in case...

Regards,

No sweat Tony! You'll both be fine and she'll probably thank you for letting her stretch her legs or should that be roll her rubber :yes:

Plus I'd like to echo Kylie's comment above...vroooom!!

Enjoy every mile of it!!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks for the replies, everyone! :beer:

I've driven this car somewhere between 6k-8k miles since buying it less than two years ago, and it has been good to me; I just have to be good back to it! (i.e. maintenance) If I didn't feel confident in the car, I wouldn't be taking it; it just never hurts to have a "Plan B." :w00t:

Tony,

Sit down with the car, open a beer or two and have a frank conversation with each other.

I do this with 0134G regularly, and we rarely have a fall out............

Look forward to seeing you there.

ATB

Scott.

Okay, done:

mebeercar.jpg

(They didn't have a 20W50 variety, but that's okay, as it was being poured in me, not the S1! :yes:)

Edited by Tony K

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Crikey, now theres a beer for car enthusiasts!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Tony,

Safe travels. Save one of those beers for the end of your trip...lol. Also remember to pack plenty of bug remover. I pulled mine in my one garage and know that I have a mess to clean. Bugs were horrible in Florida...

But the weather was great !!!

Christopher

• 2 weeks later...

My teeth are fuzzy, my ears are ringing, and my knees are stiff. I just returned home after putting close to 2500 miles on 454H in a matter of a few days. IT WAS GREAT!!!!! :cheers::devil::fun:

CECF was the single GREATEST car experience I have EVER had!!! ...but I need a bit of sleep and have to work today, so will start a new thread about it later (unless Jeff or Scott do first)...

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• Gold FFM

Tony,

Glad to hear you made it back well. I am sure you have lots of critters to clean off the front of the Esprit. We need Bibs to come up with something similar to the "Iron Butt" ride they have for the motorcyclists here in the US. 1000 miles in 24 hours...though I know sitting in the Lotus is a hell of lot less stressful then a motorbike...

Christopher

Yeah Bibs, hows about a Bibbleball Run? :cheers:

Tony

Looking forward to seeing those piccies!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Glad to hear the three of you made it home safely; got loads of images which I'll post up when back in Blightly - we are now having two days in Amelia Island and return Saturday.

ATB - Scott & Belen.

Glad to see that all went well, Tony, and that the car performed as expected. Can't wait for the pictures and full story.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE