Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wings and Wheels - Dunsfold Park - Page 3 - UK - SLEGS (Southern Lotus (England) Group) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wings and Wheels - Dunsfold Park

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day out and great to see friends old and new - shame it was a bit nippy and the marshalls couldn't organise us all leaving (bless my poor wife stuck stood still for over an hour and a half) still thinking about the Typhoon...

Had a great evening too at the pub - a real shame that everyone couldn't make it and sorry to anyone I didn't say goodbye to (as you know it was chaos getting out and I couldn't risk losing my slot in the escape route across the runway...)

Hope we all catch up real soon.

Well done Clifff for another fantastically well co-ordinated event I'm looking forward to the next SLEGS event. :)

Take care all,

Rog :lol:

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

It was a great day, so many interesting cars and planes to see, and of course seeing the Vulcan fly

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Great day and good to meet forum members.

We were down to go to the pub but it took over 1.5 hours to get out of the car park. It was getting touch and go whether the car would boil over but the fans did kick in very noisily as the red approached. I then had major problems in changing gear which means I must change the linkages and the red hose urgently.

It is true to say that we then had an argument in the car as to where the pub was and ended up in Cranleigh about 9.00 so gave up and drove home. Cliff can you let me know if I owe anything by way of deposit for the meal. We certainly didn't intend not going to the pub as Bibs had offered to have a quick look at the engine for me.

Looks like we have a decent picture of the Red Arrows looming over the Esprits so will upload asap

Good day out but a shame the organisers thought 10000 cars would exit through one route onto a lane.

They must use the same event organisers as Hethel! Looks a terrific day out, nice one.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Having escaped across the runway, we found out that the original exit to the lane had become blocked by a broken down classic Merc.

We came across it at Alfold being pulled away by the RAC - and I guess by then that must have been like unplugging a bath!

Great day out with good company, was a fantastic air show. Thanks for the effort Cliff and of course on site catering as organised by the boss @ Watford Exotics, Tracey :)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Despite retreating to the car for a little nap....

Don't worry, I think you got away with it. I'm sure nobody noticed. :)

1025.jpg

Although, it's a risky thing posting that pic because I may have had a little snooze myself - I kept waking up realising I had my mouth open and chances are some LEFer has taken a photo. :cheers::lol:

• Gold FFM

Great day out! Thanks for herding cats, as usual, Cliff.

For you, Rog:

DSC_2567.jpg

DSC_2647.jpg

DSC_2653.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

You know Pilko, I thought to myself I could edit your post take out that picture but I'll let it stay. Just know that one day you'll pay for that, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day, when you least expect it.... you'll pay.

Gina & I had a great day and thanks to the SLEGers for letting us join in and to Cliff for organising. Definatly up for this again next year.

Here are a few of my fav pics from the day.

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

Bugger we couldnt go to this as we were working. Bums.

Looks like a great day out.

Next year me thinks :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Wow, Vulcan and Typhoon ............ you lucky :)

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

In view of the fact that my wife has no interest in car shows or air shows, and had planned only to come for a couple of hours, the fact that she stayed until just before the Arrows is testament to the quality of company and entertainment. Admittedly, when the Vulcan arrived she was decidedly underwhelmed, as she had thought she was waiting for the yank stealth bomber!

Happy that my newly rejuvenated mota kept its front lip in one piece.

Cheers for organising it all, Cliff.

I didn't really take many pictures...

Edited by Andjons

• 3 months later...

Guys,

Realise its rather late on but I pulled my finger out this morning and have made available an AVI of the journey to W&W.

Its filmed in time lapse from the meeting point in Bramley. Its a large download and might not stream correctly because the bandwidth assigned to it has been intentionally throttled.

Enjoy!

Timelapse linky

Shame you didn't have a camera on the front of your splitter... :sofa:

Edited by SE Owner :-D

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg