Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elpico Aerial - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elpico Aerial

Just thought I'd post my experience with the Elpico Ca5000 aerial I've bought.

This is a fully automatic power aerial which costs around

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I've been meaning to get around to sorting the elctric aerial on my S3 for a while and this post was the spur that I needed to get the job started. THANKS!

The original was stuck in the fully extended position so it was a little more difficult to remove, but as the passemger seat is away getting repaired I has enough space to get it free without having to bend it.

Dismantled the mechanism cleaned it all up and it now wizzes up and down faster than it ever did before. It goes back in the car this weekend!

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• 7 years later...

Hi!

It was good in the end. There were of course several hurdles to get beyond.

The aerial control box is too big - ie the bits with the electronics within. So,I had to remove it and resite alongside.(infact I think it was just the box lid that was in the way actually)

Secondly, it came with lots of mounting options but none were quite right so I had to cobble something together - I no longer had the original unfortunately.

Lastly, the actual wiring was a bit of trial and error but logic prevailed in the end and it worked perfectly.

I cant tell you about durability as I moved to an internal DAB ribbon when I rebuilt the car and filled the aerial hole.

Hope that helps.Si

• Like 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

thanks, I have already removed and re fitted 4 doors, did not fancy doing the job again...

great instructions for sure.

cheers

Christian

28 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Christian I am fairly sure you have to remove the door if yours is on the off side like mine ?

Interestingly Danny although a LHD car is featured in the tutorial, it's still on the offside........look at the pic at the bottom. It is a Federal car though so there may still be differences. 

• Gold FFM

I have had this conversation on here before and from memory you can do it when on near side right hand drive car without removing the door but not on the offside. I am fairly sure someone will confirm this is the case or not. I have never done it so can't say for certain. But I do need to do it at some point 

• Like 1

bugger mine is offside. Should have done it when I was re hanging the door. Did not bother as I never listen to the radio.

cheers

Christian