Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
sunday service (PH) at lord p's - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

sunday service (PH) at lord p's

karluk29

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=20266

should be a very good dooo, a friend of mine is the main organisor for the SPECIAL

area, and omg are there going to be some expensive pieces of metal there.

the normal car park will be rammed with what you find at supercar sunday, in fact

i would say there will be more variety than supercar sunday in a lovely setting.

the amount of moneysworth in just 2 of the special cars is going to be more than all

our esprits put togther LMAO.

should be a good day all in all, and of course get there/leave at the right time and you will

hoon with some very nice cars

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karl mentioned that he had posted this here...

This is going to be immense!

It's at Lord Pembroke's pad in Wiltshire.

There are some *serious* cars coming along to this - some of the scoops after Veyron(s?) are Peter Saywell's one-off Zonda, McLaren are bringing along the new SLR 722 and Tiff Needel will be there as a guest - and maybe drawing the raffle. I think Jan is meant to be bringing her Koenigsegg and the organiser is working on getting the Novitec 430 and Hennessey Viper we drove with the other day!

(It's all for charidee mayte!)

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=20266

Pistonheads will be holding a Sunday Service in one section of the grounds and a fiver will get you in to the "top 100" section where all the halo-cars will be. There will be a chance to win a passenger ride in the Veyron (among others) and the cars in the Top 100 are meant to be uber exclusive - eg a 'normal' Gallardo might not cut the mustard!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

not really as your not going to seeing this stuff at the breakfast club. MAYBE one if your lucky but not all together and i believe there are more exclusives to come. all very hands on like a normal meet, its not technically a show. all the cars will be driven there so always a hoon possibility.

the

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

It's a lot like Top Marques Monaco, or Salon Prive (but larger) but for a fiver and you get to hear the cars revving up!

...and it's being organised by a Lotus owner!

The Sunday Service is still free and any monies involved go to Charity that's raising money for a Children's Centre at Salisbury Hospital.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

I've seen and heard Veyrons, SLRs and Saywells Zonda at Goodwood Brekkie. Still didn't have to pay to be accepted into the inner sanctum.

I think either you guys are getting overexcited or I'm getting to go to too many of these type of things as nothing mentioned so far seems 'new'.

Yes indeed... who hasn't these days. :)

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...0_1828919_n.jpg

hphotos-ak-sn...0_1828919_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sn...3_8093866_n.jpg

hphotos-ak-sn...3_8093866_n.jpg

As for "pay" - Damn those charity b4stards trying to raise money for Children's Wards / Hospitals :|

(Fail! - Could somebody sort out those pics for me please I can't get it to work! :-$ )

Edited by Evil_Dr_Fish

well its a laugh and its pretty much all day, the PH sunday service is usually pretty good, TBH nowadays the only car i havent

seen is a koinsgegegeegeg, so i hope jan brings hers.

GKP, there is no point you going to any shows/meets ever again then me thinks LMAO. hey im going to pay and thats

a bloody first, dont think i have paid for a car show in years lol, last one i got vip/track time/show/food....BONUS lol.

as for goodwood i have never been as its bloody miles away, not pretty eithier lol

Should have come to Cholmondeley Pageant of Power:

2 Veyrons (one a soft top)

2 Koenigsegg (one a CCX and one an edition)

Wiesmann GT

number of Lambos

Bentleys

Rolls Royce

Porches (inlcuding Le Mans cars)

plus loads of other cars from 60's - now

Entrance fee -

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

bibs - get ya ass there i want to see ya shiny paint. i may lick it LOL, wow first time i met you was at a sunday service he he he

btw it not a actual show its a meet really.

right we have all seen all the cars in the world now LOL, we have all done shows, we have all been on tv/dvd's/calender bla bla,

oh sorry is that just mainly me :( so if its going to be who has done the most with there car comp ,,,,BRING IT bahahahahha

Let's have another go at those pics then...

Bug1.jpg

Bug2.jpg

:(

I guess the big deal about this meet, given that we have all seen most cars at some point or another is that it is very rare that there going is SO much at one meet at the same time. We've all seen Veyrons or 'eggs or zondas etc but how many meets have you turned up at and found virtually everything in one place at one time? Plus all the extra special cars he's busy working on too!

...and as Karl pointed out - the chance to hoon with us as well if you time it right! :D

im coming from the midlands im afraid, just look out for the camp looking bloke with a big "06" on the door of the esprit lol, and the lambo diablo covered in gumball stickers in the main area will be robin (also has a turbo esprit). there are usually a few convoying to the event from the south, if you nip over the pistonheads there is a list on there.

there is a special convoy coming in but we are not special enough LOL

Speak for yourself! :)

I've heard some rumours about this that if they turn out to be true will make it bl00dy remarkable since it's just a meet!

mmmmmMMM i know i know (does a dance lol)

lol muppets

well its on sunday and the list is at 135 cars so far in the "normal" sunday service. not inc the hypercars and

ppl that bring friends etc etc.

see 2 esprits on the list not inc me

Well I dont really understand the luke warm reception on here to this meet - I loved it.

No doubt helped by the weather, it was one of the best feasts of automotive exotica I've been to. I did see more of the less well known hypercars in Top Marques Monaco, but I've never seen such a large rolling display in one place as the supercar arrival parade at Wilton House. There were 26 Ferraris (incl 3 F40s; 2 F50s; and an Enzo); there were 25 Lambos (incl our own Fishy of course); 5 Porsches (incl a GT and a 959); loads of American muscle; and a few stars like a Zonda (pipes in a line not square?), McClaren's F1 and SLR; and of course the host's Veyron. Ignoring the workaday TVRs,NSXs,Atom,Crossbow, etc, etc I captured quite a lot of them as they went past. There were so many tho it takes a while to view!

http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n345/MP...?albumview=grid

In the plebbo Pistonheads car park there was also some nice machinery (not least my Fran's M100 !) - a Maser and a Gallardo probably top trumps but some nice specials incl a Lotus Cortina, and a lovely new Europa. I'll put the Esprits in the Spotted section....but this is the wierdest thing I saw....its no better in real life plastic and I hope I dont see one again!

IMG_2211.jpg

Thanks to Karl and Robin for the heads up.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I agree with Mike, I went and really enjoyed it..so long as you had your petrolhead on rather than your Lotus head as I only saw an S1 Elise in the show itself.

Saw a few cars I have never seen before (Enzo, Veyron and Zonda - and yes I also noticed the exhausts were in a line rather than in a group of four - does that make us sad?!) so worth it just for that, add a nice sunny afternoon and beautiful surroundings...whats not to like?

Hi Mike & Neil,

Looks like a great day out. Wish I could have made it (was and still am on relative duty).

Have either of you got a picture of that Zonda with the exhausts in a straight line rather than the normal grouping? I saw in Mike's album that he had a frontal picture, but would love to see the rear view.

Now Mike, I've always held you in the highest regards, but after showing me that "Skelta" I assume I must have upset you somehow. Like you, I hope I never see one again.

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by peter_england99