Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBQ and workshop event - all weekend - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BBQ and workshop event - all weekend

Dave Freeman

Hi all, help on this forum is exellent, and there are a number of us ready to help anyone in need. Sparky Felix internets, all have helped when the need is there. Some give up a lot of time and then have limited time to sort their own car. It's payback time. On the 5th and 6th of sept I am holding a "workshop" event. The idea is to spend a full weekend helping repair cars. For example sparky has helped a lot of members and has never got time to repair his car so I have suggested we start with his car. He has one or two repairs he wants done.

So if you want to join us over the weekend to get help fixing your car you are welcome to join us. It will start around 10am on Saturday and finish Sunday around 5pm. We are going to have a BBQ Saturday night and there is loads of room for people to stay over, then we can all get pissed without having to drive.

The workshop is open to anyone who wants to help others or need help with their car. It's strictly working up til 6ish then it's party time. If you only want to come to the BBQ that's fine but if you want to help others that's even better.

So who's upfor this novel event. I need some kind of idea of numbers, we can provide 3 double bed rooms, there is a double bed room above the garage and 4 other separate rooms where we can provide camp beds, plus plenty of floor space. So please indicate if you want to help, have your car fixed by you or want help and if you want to stay over for the full weekend or if you just want to join us for the BBQ

best regards

Dave and Megan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave. Sarah and I are up for this. Just need to check diary dates for work. Love to Classybird and family. Sparks you better practice them there harmon knees :getmecoat:

Have added this to the events calendar Dave :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi Dave

This sounds great, but I'm currently going to be working in Spain installing a new machine!

Gutted as I love doing things like this and helping out others, especially as they've been over and helped me out now.

If my work gets delayed again then I'll be there with a crate of Stella and a pack of burgers!

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

I think we can make it to this one! :getmecoat: A unique experience.

Everly Brothers got nuffin on us!

And I might even bend the rules and have a drink or two.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Hi Dave, Denise and I will be there for sure... We will require one of your beds, thanks... I'll bring a few tools for Sparky's quarter window....

Cheers

Felix

Nice one Dave :getmecoat:

I am sure I will be allowed to come for at least one day, maybe even 2 if I am good hmmm lol

Better start earning those brownie points :)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

ooh Yes please - haven't negotiated with her indoors yet though...

Couple of questions:

1. do you have singstar?

2. do you have enough nitromors for all the covers I'll be doing?

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Listy then

1&2 Dave and Megan

3&4 Paul & Sarah

5&6 Felix & Denise

7 Andy C

8&9 Sparky (& Tracy?)

9&10 Roger (& Sam?)

11 Chris

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Great idea Dave :rolleyes: . I'll definitely try and come over since you're not that far away from me and certainly wouldn't want to miss one of your BBQ's after the last one which was superb.

Martyn :shock:

The listing so far, I am in Greece from the 15th to the 29th (bank holiday weekend) so I will post a reminder later this week then on the bank holiday the 5th and 6th the week end following.

Its going to be a good week end.................

1&2 Dave and Megan

3&4 Paul & Sarah (will hold a room for you)

5&6 Felix & Denise (room booked)

7 Andy C (you might have to share with Yasuo, I know you are close- above garage )

8&9 Sparky (& Tracy?) (room booked)

9&10 Roger (& Sam?)

11 Chris

12 Yasuo

Will confirm detailed arrangements,

Dave

Ok, we are still on for this. Would not be a bad idea to ensure that we have all the bits to repair the cars.

Sparky do you have your bits. Who else wants work done and who is only attending the BBQ

It s

would help while we are away to make list of who is doing what so I can arrange food and drink etc.

See u in a couple of weeks

Dave and Megan (classybird)

Hoping to come along for at least one day and willing to help wield the spanners where I can.

Also, given the resident window experts will be in attendance I would be really gratefull if they could look at my passenger window, its had a new motor but still barely moving.

Colin

As a fairly new owner of a troublesome esprit (every time I look at anything I find half a dozen jobs to do) would it be ok if I came along possibly for the Saturday . I could bring a sleeping bag and curl up somewhere overnight but wouldn't want to cause any inconvience.

I would probably have a million and one jobs on my car (if its running then) but most of all would like the carbs balanced and mixture adjusted - possibly timing checked as I think something is out. I would also be more than willing to help with other cars since I have about 40 years experience of fiddling with cars. A great opportunity to meet other owners and find out more about what makes the Esprit tick.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we are still on for this. Would not be a bad idea to ensure that we have all the bits to repair the cars.

Sparky do you have your bits. Who else wants work done and who is only attending the BBQ

It s

would help while we are away to make list of who is doing what so I can arrange food and drink etc.

See u in a couple of weeks

Dave and Megan (classybird)

Paul & Sarah - PF to wield spanners where required - Sat & Sun confirmed please :)

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Sparky did mention still having a steering rack to fit and then geo to check. Not sure how horizontal Dave's garage floor is, but if we can get to something like 1/16th of an inch in the width of the car then we can do an alignment if I bring the kit. Sparky would need to bring the rack and any UJs he needs replaced.

• Gold FFM

I have:

Rack (one U/J is recent and the other I think is OK) - may get T/R ends

Clutch master cylinder and adjust

Driver's door window frame, if people are feeling particularly adventurous!

Felix has offered to do my dodgy rear quarter window too, and is bringing the necessary.

I have a HUGE list of work to do on the car, as I haven't had a chance to touch it this year. I'll get it down on paper. But the first two above are the most important. Then beer. :)

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Dave & Megan, as previously discussed I'll be doing the lighting for the Glen Miller (tribute orchestra) gig at Heathrow on Saturday until about 01:00 on the Sunday morning but am planning on getting to your place at about 02:00 which should be plenty of time to take the p*ss out of you, by then, drunken f*rts. Will bring sleeping bag and am happy with a corner of any floor with a roof over it.

If there are any people handy with a circuit tester/meter, I have a problem with my A/C not cutting in. I have the wiring diagrams for the car, which is probably a good start....

Also if the ramp becomes free for a few minutes I'd like to get the Mantis up in the air and take a bunch of reference photos.

Apart from that, I'm happy to shake spanners at anything/anyone.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Hi Andy, the garage floor is flat and is possibly within your 1/16th of an inche, so we are on for that. Mike6, would be great to see a new face mate, your are welcome for the whole weekend, yes we can fined a spot for you to sleep.

Best regards

Dave

Ok I will be getting the food and drink in the next day or so, so need confirmation, heres what I have:-

1 & 2 - Paul & Sarah (room booked)

3 & 4 - Felix & Denise (room booked)

5 - Andy C (bed down where you can if you want to)

6 & 7 - Sparky (& Tracy?) (room booked)

8 & 9 Roger (& Sam?) ( room above garage)

10 - Chris internets (bed down where you can if you want to)

11 - Martyn

12- Simon350s (bed down where you can if you want to)

13 - Wookie -

14 - Mike6 - (bed down where you can if you want to)

15 - Chris Newts - (bed down where you can if you want to)

The weekend can commence at any time, the house is open over the whole weekend, those coming a far are very welcome to come friday night if that helps, ready for an early start on saturday.

I will assume this is the list, I will make sure we have bitter, larger but no spirits (please bring your own) the BBQ will start around 6.00 on saturday. Up til then its work time, sunday, depending on what we get done saturday can go on until we finish, guess around 5 or 6 ish.

Should be a great weekend, looking forward to this one.