Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Age of Esprit Owners - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Age of Esprit Owners

Roger 912

I first saw the Esprit in 'that film' in 1977 when I was 15 so I guess that puts me in the old fart category (it now takes me all night to do what I used to do all night). I've owned it for 2.5 years and never driven it once as it's being sloooowly restored.

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purchased my 89 turbo in 92.

Now, after replacing the front radiator, oil cooler, A/c condensor and undertray assembly during a killer Houston heat wave with a touch of humidity added for effect......... Age 102.

Geeze, Al. I wouldn't have taken you to be a day over 98! :ermm:

(And I won't be impressed about the temps in Houston until I hear you've installed A/C in the 211 :respect: .....Austin ain't no cakewalk these days either, dude. :lol: )

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

hmmm, interesting posts in here :spell:

V8 @ 33 and still with me

Elite @ 34, and also still with me

Turbo Esprit @ 34, sold to a friend

Lotus 7 @ 35, destroyed by a truck

the first Elan @ 36, sadly sold (it was a big mistake to sell that wonderfull car)

the first Elise @ 36 and still in my garage

the second Elise @ 36, sold (that was some f**king bad car)

both Esprit SE's @ 37 and all are here

the first Lotus Racecar @ 37, and very lucky with it

Now i am 38 and have just realized that i haven't bought a car for some time, eh ... :)

I woke up after having my afternoon nap yesterday and my missus and daughter woke me up with a birthday cake and a copy of 'Top Gear' magazine. 'Happy Birthday Daddy' was the first thing I heard, 'aren't you old daddy, mummy says you're 48 today'.

In my defence I had been up and since 3am so I needed a quick power nap, but I had no idea it was my birthday - so yes I am officially an old fart and loving every minute of it. ( Oh, and when I was at school minute was spelt minuit - that's progress for you ! ) <_<

Too many Toys are never enough !

THIS IS PAINFUL> Bought Lotus Cortina in High School with blown engine for $40. Bought Lotus Europa in College (Renault) for $150 in need of complete renovation my Sr year in college. Bought the Esprit 2 years ago needing - not too much, regular maintenance. Not too hard to figure out what I am....

Was driving a Climax Elite at 24 an S2 Elan at 27 then Whoops !.... Daughter Melissa arrived. Next Lotus late nineties , now its an S350 in a Lotus career spanning 45 years, so I guess that makes me THE old fart !

Anyone fancy relieving me of the title ?? :whistle:

Mike

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

• Gold FFM

Just turned 47 in August.

Bought the '95 S4 when I was 46. My first Lotus and I doubt I will ever get rid of it.

Pick up birthday present of personalised plates tomorrow ESPR1T S4.

Will post a pic once I have them on the car and the car back on the road.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
How do the old guys do it?

I assume you are just thinking of the owners in their 80's Will? :P:)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!