Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Over the pond - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Over the pond

oneshot

Well

Now having a break. Flew over yesterday and am now residing in the Ritz Carlton in New York :rolleyes:

Will be posting a few pics as and when. Have my Dell Inspiron mini netbook with me!

Getting a bit warm here over the next few days - up to 90

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, same side now as Dodgy. Any plans for a beer or is distance too great?

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Getting a bit warm here over the next few days - up to 90

Bitch, bitch, bitch...

Whine, whine, whine...

We are into our 50th (but not consecutive) day of triple digit temps this summer in Austin. Broke all sorts of July records and are on track to do the same for August. But at least we're also in an historically extreme drought as well--got that going for us. Aarrrrgggghhhh!!!

Enjoy your stay in the States, Dave. And stay cool, dude. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Just a warning so you don't get stung like I did - the closest gas station to the Orlando airport is a well known rip off so if you fill up the rental for return get gas where the price is well posted. Gas is now somewhere $3 a gallon. At this station it's over $5.

Few photos:

Breakfast in Times Square

DSCN1246.jpg

The hotel

DSCN1260.jpg

Top of the Empire State Building

DSCN1271.jpg

and...

Slow Down, You Move too fast....

DSCN1276.jpg

Yep - it's the 59th St Bridge (apologies to Simon and Garfunkel!!!)

Bill - thanks for the warning. Not sure what we did last time (2007) but I think we opted for taking the car back with however much fuel was left in it.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Now in Orlando - picked up a hire car - Dodge Charger, black with tints proper gangster looking!

Sitting on the hotel balcony watching the thunderstorm!!

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Lol! Am jealous Dave. I have several invites from Cam, Travis etc so must get organised for next year!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Bill - the lady at the car hire desk warned me about the garage at the airport! Apparently it's now $5.99 a gallon. Opted to pay for a full tank with the hire company and then take the car back empty.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

mansell_dallas_1984_div.jpg

Dallas, 1984. Nigel Mansell refuses to gas up his F1 Hire Car, and passes out whilst attempting to push it into the paddock.

(Yes, yes. I know. It was a gearbox/half-shaft issue after hitting the wall, not petrol...)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.