Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Car wanted to star in short film in York - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Car wanted to star in short film in York

Hi

I've only just joined this group, specifically to post this message.

I'm part of a small film company based in York, who are shooting a short film later this month and we're sorting out some final parts of our preproduction.

The film is called 'Toast' and it's loosely based around the idea of a Yorkshire James Bond, and we need something suitable for him to drive.

If anyone has a Lotus they think is something a flash secret agent might drive, please get in touch!

We would need it for no more than a couple of days (maybe even just the one) and you could drive it yourself in the film if you don't trust us! We don't have any budget to pay you, although we can probably cover your expenses. Plus you'd get a credit in the film and a copy of it on DVD. The film should be finished and ready to enter into festivals in early 2010.

You can see the official website at http://www.specialdayfilms.com/toast (our contact details are on there)

I hope someone can help!

Adam

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does make me chuckle the idea of a spy driving a super car, just so that they dont stand out too much hehe.

Sure they'll be plenty of poeple wanting to put their car forward though as long as you dont drive it off a pier ! :)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I'm up for it if your interested, car is below. and it you want a baddies car we have a black BMW Z4!!

I even have secret agent weapons too

post-3392-1252526563_thumb.jpg

post-3392-1252526594_thumb.jpg

post-3392-1252527147_thumb.jpeg

Edited by gasmangt3

Hopefully "Toast" doesn't refer to how the car ends up...

:)

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

or a modded version of the above and you have mine :)

(but not orange)

(not me driving, but now has fully black rims, black tinted windows aswell)

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Adam

I have a Esprit too .... however I'm Italian if your work provides scenes in Italy Im very happy to become your secret agent !

However for our news agent secrets, should be very well understand how the Esprit will be used in the film? what kind of scenes are necessary.....for example hard drive, truck, chase.....

good idea! reborn 007 and the Esprit on movie!

I'm so pleased that my posting had so many replies already! I've been passing on your messages to the director.

I think seeing as we've got so little money to spend on expenses, we'll probably plump for the Lotus that's nearest to York (that rules out anyone based in Italy, I'm afraid)!

To give you some more information, we would need you to drive the car in a couple of (slow) chase scenes through the North York Moors (although this will be filmed over several takes and not at any real speed, for legal and safety reasons!). We'll also see it parked outside the evil super villain's hideout at the end of the film. We won't ask you to drive off a pier and the car won't end up as Toast, don't worry!

Adam,

it's a very good idea ! I hope to choose the latest Esprits, I prefer a GT3 or a V8 !

Much better a GT3 with the V8 interior and wheels so someone on the film (isn't possible Julia Roberts as in PrettyWoman for the cheap film) can repet "this is only a 4cyl" like Julia said when she droves !

However Adam let us know what you want:

- colour first

- ask about new interior like V8 or old interior (this is only what you prefer expecially if there's some interior scene), then ask some photos so you can understand the best

colour + interior = models avaibles for you.....

for example if you prefer the new interior last interior for the esprit, and prefer a color very visible you can choose for the GT3 ORANGE or why not for the Lotus Yellow...

for me the best way is a metallic grey GT3 with the new interior, OZ saturn wheels, chip 10 (for the stuntman) + Larini (for the best sound in the film at the lotus passage) + kN air filter and dumpalve too (for have the best sport sound) == OH OH this is my car ! :)

good luck Adama

ps. for your scenes ok for the calm use of Esprit during the film, however don't remember the result good chase for a very sports car if not use a Citroen C2 !!!!!

Edited by espritpassion

I'm up for it if your interested, car is below. and it you want a baddies car we have a black BMW Z4!!

Why is the baddie a hairdresser?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

If you fancy a black V8 this would be a good excuse to take a few days off and stay at my brother-in-laws in Pickering (I live in Scotland) and re-visit my old stomping ground (I even honeymooned in the North York moors!)

I think we all know this is the kinda thing the average spy about town drives these days...

dfypf5.jpg

...and if it's driving slow yer after, I'm yer man! :)

Edited by Hippo

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

Thanks for all your offers, everyone! We had a message sent out on another Lotus owner car club and between you and them we were pretty much overwhelmed. In fact we've been telling our filmmaker friends to write car chases into their films specifically so they can take advantage of you lot!

In the end we went for a dark blue 1970s (I think - I'm clearly not an expert) Esprit (the guy who brought it said it was his wife's car for doing the school run!) and it looked the part.

Thanks again for all your help - we really appreciated it. When the film is finished, we'll keep you informed so you can check it out (and tell us how much better your cars would have been in it!)

Adam

http://www.thefilmtoast.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Can't believe I missed this one being my home town and all......! Good choice of location though,usually it's James Herriot or

Greengrass and co trundling over the moors and Dales! thumbsup.gif