• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd certainly be interested.

Brands noise limits are:

• Indy day - 105dB
  • Indy evening - 102dB
  • GP day - 101dB
  • GP evening - unavailable

They're less strict than some tracks (particularly on the Indy circuit) so if you're around the 102dB limit, it should be okay. With a V8 you should just about manage 102dB with a sports exhaust but straight pipes would be pushing it.

Obviously it would be great if it were Esprits only, but it's not the end of the world if we have to share. It's open pit lane so won't affect your track time and Brands Indy is pretty hard on the brakes anyway, so you'll probably find these overheating is the limiting factor. Also, the seriously exotic track cars don't usually attend track evenings so there shouldn't be anything else too intimidating.

One thing though, track day insurance (if it's included with your road policy or as a one off policy to cover the event) usually only covers events which are organised by a recognised track day outfit (and some are even stricter - be sure to check). You mentioned LoT - would they organise it for us? Or could we go through MSV directly - I know they organise events for clubs? Also, they could provide instuctors for people to book sessions with.

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Interested parties:

1. Bibs

2. Jon

3. Rog

4. Paul

5. Chris

6. Chris

7. Sparky

8. Steve

9. Felix

10. Trevor

11. Neal

Neal - We'd do the event through LoT as we'll not get enough people ourselves to book a night up, we'll be ok with a share though and perhaps can run sessions so the track is just us for 20 mins at a go with a 20 min rest while the tiny little ones go and play.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Ooo. A challenge from the bling mobil :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Bibs, I'll be up for it depending on the date.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I can understand why you'd be scared to let proper racing cars on the track at the same time, especially on the short circuit where we'd lap you within a few minutes! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I didn't read the rest because I didn't think you'd be so jealous as to dscriminate against your race track betters!

But hey if you want to wallow around without any competition who am I to argue!!! :)

Neal - We'd do the event through LoT as we'll not get enough people ourselves to book a night up, we'll be ok with a share though and perhaps can run sessions so the track is just us for 20 mins at a go with a 20 min rest while the tiny little ones go and play.

In general evening events are less desirable than day events and sessioned events are less desirable that open-pitlane events. So I think LoT would have problems filling the remaining spaces if it were a sessioned evening event. Unless they did it for a seriously knock down price.

But it's really not a big deal if we have to share an open-pitlane event. It's more interesting to have other cars out on track to see how they compare (even within the Elise/Exige world these is a huge variation between say the S1s and the Honda supercharged conversion S2s). Plus out of all the track day clubs, the LoT members are the most courteous - the fast cars aren't aggresive in trying to get past you and the slow cars pull over and let you past quickly.

The other thing is that an open-pitlane event would be much better for the Esprits with overheating brakes. Whilst the lightweight Elises can go around all day, an Esprits might only last ten minutes before the brakes overheat. If it's a sessioned event you would have to come in an let the brakes cool and then wait for the next Esprit session. So you could lose up to half the available track time. But if it's open-pitlane you can go out immediately again once the brakes have cooled.

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

• Gold FFM
I would love to do this! the fact that its a 235 mile round trip to even get there counts me out tho..... alas

Same. 500+ miles there and back for an evening counts me out too.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a date for this?

I might pop down and say hello.

The car wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of meeting noise reg.s so I wouldn't even suggest it!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif