Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora engine - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora engine

Hi Guys,

Wikipedia has loads of info on the V6 Toyota engine going into the Evora. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_GR_engine

It looks as if Lotus have taken the 268BHP version then tuned it to get a bit more. Any idea why they did not start with the more efficient direct injection version - this offers more power (315BHP) as standard and does more MPG.

Alan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might also be a a supply issue or Lotus marketing issue.

In regards to supply, it could be that Toyota were happy to supply the 'old' engine and keep the improved one for their own product range.

In regards to Lotus marketing, maybe Lotus will launch the better engine in the 'Evora S' and the supercharged in the 'Evora Sport 3xx'. They have done this sort of thing in the past.

Anyway, all just speculation at present. Lotus must roll around with laughter at some of the things that get posted on forums (possible this post as well).

Regards,

Peter.

Roger Becker said, at the motorshow, that there will be 6 or so models within a few years. 2 Initially, the 2 seater and 2+2. The improved HP model will follow within 2 years apparantly. He also stated that he can get more HP from it now but then there's an issue with emissions (very important coming into 2010/12 in Europe). They need time to figure out getting more HP from it without increasing emissions.

There should be a SUpercharged version as well.

I think the reason that engine was chosen is because it's bullet proof and versatile. I was told they could get up to 500bhp out of it using Lotus Engineering methods. I assume this would be like the GTR, twin turbos etc.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Model stretch inevitable.....Lotus will, and absolutely have the right to improve on perfection. Witness Type 111; starts as an S1, within eighteen months was the 135, then the 111S, then the Sport 160, and of course the Motorsport 190.....

But, with any advance on power comes an increase in price, be it retail price or in simple running; emissions play a huge part in this, and again this issue will be further magnified in time by legislation.

The chosen mill has benefits in cost, availability and lets not forget, they have had to design a wholly new car for a mass audience, from paper to delivery in 2.5 years; I'm glad that they will get it to market quickly, as opposed to mucking around for a few more months extracting more horses.

It's a great mill, in an awesome chassis & whilst I always like to go faster, I reckon that for the majority, the launch version will appeal a'plenty.

ATB

Scott

• Gold FFM

...and various people will come up with aftermarket enhancements as well, if past experiences are an indicator :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I wonder if that will fit in an Esprit :wallbash:

Bjorn

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/