Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What colours would you pick - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What colours would you pick

Colour choices  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Problems setting up a poll? Let me know what's not working for you and I'll try to help (will probably be later this evening) :(

Edit: fixed that for you and have added the colour chart to your post cool.gif

Before anybody else get in 'Serious colour combination' :(

For real?

Have added the 'household' choice to the vote, be that as it may, since choice may now be a fantasy not realised after pricing releases today

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

Mines burnt orange and paprika with silver wheels....

Not sure about the whole, dark wheels on cars choices, i'm a silver man. Especially like the finish on the OZ Novas on the last Esprits cool.gif

Was an aquamarine man until recently, but if I'm spending that much on a car I want it to stand out, just not be quite as loud as some of the brighter options.

The 'Burnt Orange' looks very nice in the photoshopped images, I'd have to reserve judgment till I saw it in the flesh.

My first choice for leather would most liekly be Oyster but Lisa hates Magnolia leather (Shame I've had the Esprit retrimed in lovely magnolia! LOL) and if she's helping to finance the car I'm assuming she'd not like it in Oyster. Red looks pretty nice although again I'd like to see it in the flesh first. Tan leather woul be nice like the one in the Europa

Lotus_Europa_S_with_Luxury_Touring_Pack_Option_Interior_1a-L.jpg

The leather colour options seem a little lacking? on the motorshow stand they had loads of colours, would be nice if they were added to the list!

Chunky Lover

I'm undecided still. Leaning toward Aquamarine, Storm, or Quartz, with Charcoal interior. I have a soft spot for Burnt Orange, but I'm not sure if it would scream too loudly on this car. I'm generally a fan of silver wheels but the stealth ones looked really good on that Aquamarine photo a few weeks back...

still not sure - i think i would have to see EVERY colour combo before taking a plung lol

still think it would HAVE to be Cream or Grey interior, and a stab in the dark for the Ice White / Tittystorm / Starlight Black / Liquid Blue or the Isotop Green

DEFINATLY not a BRG, red, or the dark blue one though!

.....dunno!

Edited by Burt

• 2 weeks later...

We have eventually committed body soul and savings :P

Starlight black, charcol interior & grey wheels to compliment : colour coded handles and tinted windows extra mind you :lol: . Lord knows why they can't be gratis as one of the original committed ones - car not sanity :P

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

"colour coded handles and tinted windows extra mind you "

Tinted Windows? Is this a Lotus extra? Having just spec'd my one and this wasn't listed I was surprised to read this. Is this insider knowledge to know to ask? :P I had been considering geting dark tints done by aftermarket only on the side back windows and mabe darker on the sides to the legal limit.

Does anybody know what the standard windows will be? Do they even have a slight tint? I had been considering geting dark tints done by aftermarket only on the side back window

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Tinted Windows? Is this a Lotus extra? Having just spec'd my one and this wasn't listed I was surprised to read this. Is this insider knowledge to know to ask? :P I had been considering geting dark tints done by aftermarket only on the side back windows and mabe darker on the sides to the legal limit.

Does anybody know what the standard windows will be? Do they even have a slight tint? I had been considering geting dark tints done by aftermarket only on the side back window

I suspect that the standard windows will have a slight tint. Unfortunatly legal restrictions limit the tint on side windows to 30% on front windows, and any after market flim can put you on the wrong side of the law - if a copper takes offence he is quite within the law to order you to remove tint films at the side of the road or impound the vehicle until it does comply with the law.

Thanks Andy, I was aware of that hence the side back windows only dark. I was then thinking of the driver/passengers as dark as the law will allow i.e 30% and the windscreen something towards the max which is see is 25%. I am unsure just how dark that is as I do not want reduced visibilty forwards and was going to look at the effect after sides done first. This not so much for looks but for the greenhouse effect as the car seems to have a large glass area for size.

Most 4x4's inc. my wife's one do this these days, although I don't think I'll tint back window as is going to be hard enough to see out of anyway and we have that lplastic engine cover to display, so nothing to hide from sight. There is an argon filled double glazed unit between cockpit and that area for heat rejection as well.

After I read Bolly Girls comment I relaised I'd never actually noticed what the few cars I'd seen in the flesh had as standard. In photos it looks clear sometimes and tinted others. The later cars generally being the more tinted ones. If reality was slightly tinted then I may not have to bother at all. Maybe Bolly Girl can tell us what she/they have specified here?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

The windscreen is "solar" glass to address the greenhouse issue, so you shouldn't need to tint it. Some tinting on the side could look good with certain paint colours, as well as helping on heat build up. I can't find anything definitive so far on what level of side window tinting (if any) there is on the production spec.

• 5 weeks later...

Mine would be White with Paprika leather and Grey wheels, sadly not this year but possibly mid 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks as if Grey / Grey / Grey (exterior / interior / wheels) is turing out to be the popular option.

I wonder if this is due to the current economy - if we were in a boom would it be solar yellow.

Alan

It looks as if Grey / Grey / Grey (exterior / interior / wheels) is turing out to be the popular option.

I wonder if this is due to the current economy - if we were in a boom would it be solar yellow.

Alan

Hehe, interesting theory :rolleyes:

I'm still undecided what colour i would choose... Something.. fancy. BRG, Burnt orange or a nice Red... Soooo many colours!!

"You can't treat a car like a human, a car needs love" -Walter R