Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The "what now" poll - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The "what now" poll

What conclusion have you reached?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Gold FFM

Pricing is being announced later today - so once you've seen those, what are you doing?

Inevitably I'll have missed out an option :(

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Just doing a bit of advanced preparation ... and they will be out "today", in just a few hours :(

Not expecting everyone to make a decision straight away; I know I'll be mulling it over for a bit

• Gold FFM
You haven't got a "waiting until I've driven one" option.

Waiting for reviews/test drives/more info ? :(

Sadly I have joined the cancelling order list. Lipscomb's have kindly organised my deposit return and I am now looking at an Elise, well at least I can get it soonish.

Enjoy your cars, I will be popping in from time to time to catch up on the latest chat about the Evora but at almost

• Gold FFM

Sorry to hear that Eric. Maybe we'll see you in a used Evora one day, but at least you're staying with a Lotus. Have you driven the Elise SC? I was hugely impressed with the two I drove (factory circuit and a demo car from B&C). I think Lipscombs have a couple of unregistered or demo ones in stock, so you might get a good deal and have one quickly!

seems to be a lot of people dropping out, bit worrying.

To be expected in the current climate I think. Before the car is in the dealers to test drive, deposits are going to be speculative, so it seems reasonable for a few to drop out as it becomes clearer what the car is going to be like and what it's going to cost. Once reviews appear in the magazines I'd expect we might see a few more new deposits being placed. Assuming the reviews aren't disastrous, we won't know for another year how well the car is doing. Nervous times for Lotus, I'm sure - but if you've seen the 'making of the Elise' video, the launch of a new niche car is never simple.

Made the final decision today. I was going to be a very early Customer Spec order as I ordered almost immediately after the BMS with a planned October delivery. I ended up wanting so many of the extras I wasn`t far off a Launch Spec car anyway so have decided to upgrade from Customer Spec (Where I voted at the start of this topic) to Launch Spec. and get my car in June. Can't wait. Aquamarine/Oyster/Alloys. (My senior management and budget approver totally vetoed "those horrible black wheels" that I loved & wanted!) Even sold my Boxster S today as a bonus. Poor price in my eyes - but at least sold. A few months buffer to save!

I originally was going to keep price down by the 2+0 option but I have been warned along the way by different people that this is a definite no, no, and in fact unlike most luxury car extras should not have zero value as you drive out of the showroom. The pricing may have gone upwards for the basic stuff but with less costly extras from what was expected for say the Sport Pack so it all starts to make more sense in my head anyway. The launch

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I have been having a re think about the Evora, re price, second hand options etc, but eventually after much soul searching I have decided too.......

get the launch spec one I have on order..... you only live once, starlight black, black wheels and charcoal interior.

I like the Richard Hammond article, might not be the greatest sports car but I think it wil be a head turner, Porcshe just don't have that any more.

I think Olivers batman outfit should still fit, might be a bit of a squeeze at 8-9yrs :P

Better to have something to smile about at the end of the day than regrets at what could have been when you're sat in the nursing home paying for care because you saved instead of spending...

Support the economy by spending rather than letting the banks get rich hogging your money. Now how many carats are there in that pair of earings... :P

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08