Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sticky Throttle - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sticky Throttle

hoodedc

Hi all,

In need of some advice here, please excuse my total ignorance on mechanics as I've only discovered I need to know this stuff since buying the Esprit! I am however learning fast ;)

Replaced the starter motor in my 89 turbo over the weekend due to a busted solenoid. In order to get it out I had to dismantle and remove the air filter tubing and pipes. Since installing the new one my throttle is sticking open for about 2-3 seconds before dropping off again. It used to do this occaisionally before the maintenance but now it's all the time and much worse than before.

It has been sugested that I may have a crushed vacum hose but I wouldn't really know where to start looking (see what I mean on the ignorance bit). I don't think this can be connected to the air filter removal but some advice on what to check first would be very appreciated.

Owen

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a problem which would be entirely unrelated but was my throttle cable frayed it the sleeve it passed through the car within. I'd check the spring on the cam covers which returns the throttle to zero first, also the return spring on the pedal.

Also, could this be the throttle jack? Try unplugging that and see if it's a quick cure?

Other than that I'm lost ;)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.