Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Frankfurt Motorshow (IAA) Pictures - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Frankfurt Motorshow (IAA) Pictures

Mischi

Just got back from the IAA. Almost stayed an hour at the Lotus stand looking at the Evora, 124 and Cup 260. They also had a sample of every color option available for the Evora.

What Intersted me most though was the 124. Made some shots of some of the nice details it had, especially the rear window cover. I hope they add that to one of the coming Evora models.

I have a few more less interesting pictures + Outside shots of the Cup 260. There are also high-res versions of the photos if anyone is interested.

post-569-1253538866_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538873_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538882_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538892_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538899_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538907_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538917_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538926_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538934_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538948_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538953_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538959_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538968_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538973_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538978_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538983_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253538988_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253539001_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253539007_thumb.jpg

post-569-1253539014_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mischi

"You can't treat a car like a human, a car needs love" -Walter R

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thankyou for taking the time to post the pictures, they are very well shot and extremely informative.

Maybe the 124 has the carbon cover to hide the lack of an engine? It would certainly be a good option to offer on the standard car.

You seem to have more colour options that Britain. Lotus told me that Phantom black had been deleted + I don't think we get Saffron.

Nice photos Mischi. I agree with Fishface that we do not have those 2 colours on our colour charts that I have but all the others we do have.

I do love that type 124. It really looks the part and I do like that rear 'window' like the vents behind the wheels as well in other topic. It think window looks very reminicent of the James Bond Esprit with slatted back windows. So 70's when you think of it, as every boy racer had them on every wreck, but also so neatly done on this car. Do you know if there was any glass or perspex under that? In a race car it may also have engine cooling uses and in a road car would be uselss as everything under that panel would get wet - even if boot is segregated presently. Imagine snow melt etc. Mind you if you have driven one you will know that you can see bu**er all out the back anyway :) so nothing much will be lost and it looks the biz.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Mind you if you have driven one you will know that you can see bu**er all out the back anyway :)

Hehe, sadly I couldn't test the rear visibility since they did fit a huge black panel behind where the back seats used to be.

I can't remember if they removed the back window or not (Even though it was just 24 hours ago) :P

"You can't treat a car like a human, a car needs love" -Walter R

The painted "model" cars are those that were used at the London Motor Show in July 2008. The range has changed since with new colours (Aquamarine, Carbon Grey) and some deletions. The Lotus Cars website shows the latest list, but Lotus will always paint a car any colour subject to suitability (surface compatibility) and price on application.

• Gold FFM

The Lotus site is showing the correct (current) MY2010 colours, including the new ones. Not heard anything about Phantom Black being deleted and it would be unusual to change mid MY. I'm baffled by the two yellows being included!

Great pics BTW Mischi :)

Great photos Mischi,

Just back from Frankfurt myself and I must say that the 124 looks fantastic. I enquired about the chances of getting that back louvre as an option on mine. It must be offered as part of the Evora SC when released. I really changes to look of the car. It doesnt need to be carbon fibre, but it is a must have.

Still no official word on when we might see the first deliveries to Australia. :) I had hoped to get a real indication now that cars are making their way into customer hands - apparently the first one is being delivered to Europe this week too.

Almost forgot to mention (if it hasnt already been mentioned somewhere) that the 124's engine is a bored and stroked version of the standard one - 3.8 ltr normally aspirated.