Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
silly queston - ipod v evora - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

silly queston - ipod v evora

having been in two Evora's, and searching pics of the interior.....

i havnt noticed a USB stick thing or anywhere for a ipod /iphone to be plugged into!!

is there one?

having just bought an ipod i would prefer to use this as opposed to carting a shed load of cd's arround in the car!! (when i get it!)

burt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Remember that it depends whether you're talking about a car with the Tech Pack (all the Launch Edition cars) or a customer spec car without Tech Pack.

The base car has a connection for touch, nano and iPods with a dock connector plus an AUX input connector. The Tech Pack has a USB connector for iPods, other MP3 players and memory sticks plus an iPod docking cradle. The connectors are in the glove box for the Tech Pack but I'm not sure about the base spec: the head unit is single height, so the connectors could be in the spare section, but I think they're also in the glovebox.

When I was at Hethel in January I spotted the boxes for the Tech Pack head units, so unless they've changed at the last minute they're Alpine IVA-W505R with the portable satnav unit PMD-B200P. More info on both on the Alpine site.

Tom - that's correct - those are the units.

The blackbird is pretty cool....and the way the media unit's screen rotates down to let you get to it and the CD/DVD slot is very James Bond.. cool.gif

• 1 month later...

Just for the record the Alpine unit in LE cars does not accept all i-pods unfortunately. There is a nice long list in the handbook which you think covers them all but if like me you have managed to keep one of the older types going somehow, then you will be disapointed. I have a 20Gb i-photo as it was called when first released as the first colour screen unit and it is not compatible. At first when I plugged it in I thought something wrong until I plugged in one of the kids newer units and hey presto instant recognition. :)

I wonder how Santa is placed this Xmas? :P Just as well son has just started working for Apple this week in Aberdeen. :thumbup::(

I would post the list here but am back offshore so maybe some other nice owner will do that

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Have any owners managed to connect an iPhone through bluetooth for phone calls and at the same time been able to connect it via the USB cable so that you can play music stored on it through the car sound system?

Hi Brian,

Why are u worried about this when u dnt have the car yet :thumbdown: Get the car first :animier:

I have been able to connect through the usb to listen to music and at the same time have the Bluetooth connected so that I can make or receive phone calls. Although if a call comes through or you decide to make a call the music will stop during the phone call as it does normally through an ipod docking station etc.

Edited by Andrew C

Hi Andrew,

I thought I would ask the question while the topic was live.

Thanks for the answer.