Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Possible group buy] - Larini Exhaust - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Possible group buy] - Larini Exhaust

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEED an exhaust. How does that price compare to their normal RRP?

Would want it VERY loud also, will they each be made to the individuals requirements?

I did email them as to iff they could make a system for an S3T without needing the car but got no reply and then went on honeymoon so never chased it up.

Chunky Lover

Is this from Larini themselves ?

Reason being is that the necks don't exactly fit very well - mine didn't, regardez vous :

4147923332_30096ab590.jpg

4147167849_a99a3512ec.jpg

Yeah yeah I know I'm a dab hand with the TIG welder, what can I say :lol:

What I had to do was modify the neck by cutting off the original adapter, then I welded a 1.5" extra tube in place to compensate for the loss of the EBPV system and the wrong angle. Larini did supply me with the stainless steel flange which was nice, might be worth negotiating that in. Their tips are shite as well, if I could find out where the heck I bought mine for it would be a bonus as they are superb addition to the setup.

You might wanna mention this to them, I spent a fair amount of time altering mine - still the system is largely superb other than that.

Sound :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonhimself/2499313983/in/set-72157618836893266

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I called to ask if they (Larini) still did the 4 cylinder exhausts. They said no but they would if 5 people wanted one. If they're shit or cheaper on ebay then we'll not bother and Marcus does sell them for close to €1,000 according to the wording on the ebay ad so if anyone wants one you can get it from him.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

No they're not shit in the slightest, I love mine ! I found Larini a bit unwilling to accept the exhaust was wrong, apparently they knew more about the car than I did LOL.

I was sat in the control tower with Brian Angus when they were slinging it around the track and commented on how good it sounded. It's also about 20kg lighter than the original !!

What I'm saying is that if they are gonna make 5 off, get them to make them correctly or you might have people get the hump. That sweep from the silencer is NOT 90 degree (more like 87 degrees) - I had the same prob with the GT2 trying to find the right pipework for it.

I also made custom hangers for the system which hangs a lot better from £20 stainless steel flat stock from eBay, always happy to help people if they buy one to make it better.

The tips are terrible, chap at lipscomb sliced 1/2 his face off on one once lol, but after market tips are like £10 so it's not a huge deal

Mine gave my GT3 20 extra BHP when it was dyno'd.

Edited by Jonathan

The one on eBay at present is the twin outlet one for the 4 cylinder cars, I think the one shown in the vid is the same, but there are also single exit versions by Larini. You may have to decide which ones and do a group buy of just one type, or you might be really lucky and get them to do a combination run.

I had to do a bit of jiggling around with mine to get it to fit correctly, but there's enough movement in the cat (or cat rep pipe) flange to allow it all to mate up.

I agree that the standard tips are poo, which is why I changed mine to some more decorative ones.

I've only had to weld up one of the mounts once, so far...

Be aware that without a cat the system is LOUD.smoke.gif

I have the larini, one of my mounts has broke because the system was under tension when fixed in place. If sparky can elaborate that would be good as he is good to have a look at correcting it this week.

Fab sounds though, well worth the money.

Alex

• Gold FFM

Yeah, Alex's O/S mount has given up under the strain. O/S outlet was sitting a good 2-3 inches further back. I've repositioned it at the joint so that it's far more symmetrical, and now just have to source a decent bracket. The key to fitting these exhausts is to do it from the back forwards, otherwise there's little chance of getting it straight!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

It's a pig for sure, I re-designed the brackets so mines under no strain - it just hangs and has been perfect now for ages, I did spot weld the two end pipes in place as well to keep them in the right place, needs a drain hole as well imo, mine used to spit and crack like something was on fire or leaking HT leads, it was just the water flash boiling in the pipes :lol:

Hi,

I have the full exhaust system for sale. The downpipe with original cat, had 35000 KM down, looks great. A Larini dual exhaust from R&B, with exchangable tips, 2 sets, with about 2500 KM down. ( I had it etched, looks great ! )

ps its the latest perfect fitting multi piece system.

PM me and I will send pix.

Olaf

Edited by esprits4de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Larini Sport and cat bypass pipe,shelved the cat bypass for a hi flow cat ,sounds the same.Reason i changed for hi flow cat was that on the over run it was suggested to me that the free flowing by pass pipe supplied by Larini may have been causing the turbo to stall on the over run ,as i had already been through 2 turbos i opted for this option ,since fitting hi flow cat and having the turbo fan trimmed i have had no further issues,lag is a little more noticeable but turbo has stayed in one piece, expensive lesson learnt. Still get the flames on the over run !

Nick S4s

Larini system did need a little fettling which for a high dollar system was slightly annoying,but generally was of a good build quality,

Edited by fflyingdog

Simplest things first.